Chapter 25: Song of The Battle

Začít od začátku

Everyone nods their heads in agreement as they worried about Tabitha's mission for her to complete while now finally being nine months pregnant. She often was having contractions and needed to sit down to catch her breath, and to send her on a mission in this condition was basically sending her off to her death. Yet the Queen was not going to back down from a challenge to protect her kingdom.

"Don't worry, I got this." Tabitha says with a heave, sitting down in a nearby chair by the table. "I'll make sure that nothing happens to me or the baby." She says in a relaxed tone.

Cole looks to his wife with new eyes. He always trusted her and knew that she had things under control, but after her abrupt backstory she spilled prior to reuniting with everyone, Cole felt very worried for her.

Worried for Alondra.

He still hadn't told the others the new yet because he felt that it was something that should stay private. Something between the two of them. Along with Walter.... And Lila, who surprisingly hadn't told anyone.

It was strange but Cole appreciated it.

He plants a kiss on her forehead for reassurance, trusting that she had everything under control. "It's okay guys, we should trust her. Alo-- I mean-- Tabitha has never let us down before, right?" Cole catches himself before anyone noticed he mistake. "She's gonna be okay."

Tabitha looks to her husband, smiling at him with lovestruck eyes that could pierce through any stone heart, silently thanking him for not revealing her secret. They all decide then decide to get something to eat prior to resting for the battle that would occur the very next day. All of them head out of the tent to their own respective ones before they were to meet up by the fire pit for their last meal together. Lila was taken by Yugataro to a special tent that was made specifically for her. It was magically made as a sort of force field so she couldn't leave, and the only ones who were able to put people inside of it were the two monarchs, Leo, or Yugataro.

As Cole and Tabitha made their way to their tent, Cole couldn't help but worry about the future. After this battle Tabitha was going to have to tell the whole kingdom who she truly was. That... and it was probably going to be the last time he'll ever see her. The King kept on remembering the deal he had made with his wife, and he was semi regretting it.

Of course, he wanted Tabitha to live her life to the fullest however there were sometimes where he often wished he hadn't spoken. Cole didn't want to be alone like how she was when he had magically disappeared with the guys, yet he knew that this was for the best. Tabitha needed to be happy and if that meant returning her back to her original world, and not being able to see her for a large amount of time then Cole was going to take the chance.

The two enter their tent without saying a word as they walk over to the bed. Tabitha huffs when sitting down once more to regain some of her strength that she was losing.

"Honey, are you okay?" Cole softly asks her, sitting by her side and wrapping his arms around her to lightly nuzzle his face into her neck. "You seem tired. Are you sure that you wanna lead the attack tomorrow?"

Tabitha sighs, "I got this, Cole, don't worry. I thought you trusted me with this."

"I do, love, I do. Nobody knows that more than I do... it's just..." he hesitates which causes her to look at him in a skeptical manner. "What if the baby decides to arrive during the battle and no one's able to help you out?"

"Then I'll try my best to get out as soon as possible." She says in a calm voice.

"Yeah, I don't think so, love. You aren't going to be going anywhere with those contractions, and you know how bad they can get."