Chapter 9: Mirror Mirror

Leo's POV:

It has gotten even stranger ever since we freed Varian, although I feel like something is up with Tabitha. She's seem more reserved and colder than she usually was and often experienced mood swings, and strange cravings at the most peculiar times. There were times that she needed help but gotten upset when we did so.

Cole had shared his opinions of her being pregnant which had shocked us almost indefinitely. He had to force her to take the pregnancy test in order to be sure; proving his theory to be correct. He obviously didn't know how to take the news but we told him that everything was going to be okay.

Hunter had asked to see his husband the other day, and previously left a few hours ago for Corona.

As I walk down one of the castle's corridors, I bump into Adrien who was snacking on a bag of barbeque chips. Plagg sat on his shoulders trying to lick the dust off of his fingers. The two were obviously on their way to Max's room yet got distracted by the smells of the kitchen.

"Oh hey Leo!" The feline says through a mouthful of chips. "Whatcha doin'?"

I chuckle at my brother's childish nature and say hello to him. I pat Plagg's head before continuing my stroll.

"Hey hey hey! Where ya goin'?" Adrien scurries over in my direction, in a much clearer voice than before. "You good?"

I nod my head but don't say anything else. In my pants pocket was a small box with something precious to me in it. I held onto it dearly and he seemed to notice my stony guise. We pass a few soldier in whom I nod my head to. They do the same and continue to patrol the halls.

"Is it about whatever's in your pocket?" The cat boy questions. "You're gonna propose to Perillia, aren't you?"

This instantly makes me stop in my tracks. I swiftly turn to face Adrien, who has a smug grin on his face matching his animal companion's. I glance around the room to see if anyone was there yet find nobody here.

Grabbing the man by his hand, I pull him into the library right next door. I drag him all the way to an empty and clear section of it. The bookcases towered over us, filled to the brim with many novels and stories to read.

"How did you know that I was going to propose to Peri?" I inquire with a serious expression on my face. "I never told anyone."

"Woah! Calm down Leo." He says with a laugh as I interrogated him. "From the way you've been acting lately with her, and you keep fiddling with something in your pockets; I just assumed."

"What? Is it really that obvious?"

He silently gives me a blank stare. "That... and Plagg told me after he saw the ring this morning when you were getting dressed."

"What?!" I exclaim in full disbelief. I look to Plagg who is nervously gazing at me with a small smile. "Why you little shithead."

"I should go." The small feline snickers before disappearing through the bookshelf.

I grumble in an upsetting manner at this causing my brother to anxiously grin at me. Although he told me not to stress anything and that he could help me out, since he was already married to Marinette. He told me that he could give me some pointers.

Taking me to a nearby fireplace by the back of the library to "set the mood", Adrien began to give me his advice.

"The best thing for you to do is be yourself, no one else." He tells me with a sparkly smile. "You also have to know when the right time to do so. You definitely don't want to do it when she's crying her eyes out, or if she looks like she wants to rip you limb from limb."