EVENTUALLY, AFTER A LOT OF INTERNAL DEBATE AND REALIZING THINGS I HAD NOT NOTICED BEFORE, I MADE THE DECISION TO TALK TO YOU, THE ONLY OTHER PERSON WHO COULD POSSIBLY KNOW WHAT WAS HAPPENING," he finished, staring at Error intently, his 'lips' pursed.

You felt Error stiffen with surprise. You were just as surprised after that shocking reveal of information. You had so many questions, and you did not know where to start. First off, there were already AUs dying?

You could only assume the Multiverse was already too crowded and might have been for a long time. That meant you all did not have as much time as you had hoped you did. That realization made anxiety churn in your gut.

Secondly, what did Ink mean?? Does he know about the balance after all and just does not care? And lastly, why did Blue not ask Dream about it? He might have been able to provide some kind of insight, or assistance at the least. You tilted your head, deciding to ask.

"...How come you didn't tell Dream?" you questioned, curious and confused. Error was frozen, seemingly still processing. You were glad because that meant he would not potentially shush you. Blue's gaze shifted to you, and he grimaced.

"NO OFFENSE TO DREAM AND ALL... BUT RIGHT NOW HE IS NOT EXACTLY IN THE RIGHT MENTAL STATE TO KEEP SUCH A THING SECRET... And Not Break Down At The Implications," he murmured quietly, looking a little guilty.

You were not sure if the guilt was because of what he had said about Dream, or because of the "implications" he spoke of. But his explanation shed some more light on the present situation. Dream's emotional state might be more unstable than you thought... though with how tired and generally unhealthy he had looked earlier, you supposed you should not be surprised.

If he found out one of his closest friends was the reason why there were AUs dying, and that he would have to choose between fighting him to prevent that, or refusing and watching everyone die because of it... you could only imagine the emotional strain it would have on him.

You did not wish that painful decision on anyone. But... without Dream's help, you did not know if you all could possibly convince Ink to stop or change his ways. You did not really want to fight Ink if there was another way.

He may be incredibly rude and somewhat sadistic in your time knowing him, but you... cared about him, in a way. He may not be one of the Inks you liked in some fanfics you enjoyed, but he was a version of him. And that meant something to you. You looked to Blue, hopeful.

"I know you don't want to Blue, but is there any way you can convince Dream to help us stop Ink from doing more damage? It doesn't have to end in a fight, but Dream's the most likely to be able to persuade Ink to change without the need for violence.

You know it yourself, Dream has known him as a friend longer than anyone else," you said, clenching your hands into fists with apprehension. Depending on whether Blue agrees and this all works, everything could end peacefully.

You saw Blue pause, conflicted, before he nodded solemnly. Then, his eye sockets widened, "WAIT. SO INK... DOES HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE AUS DYING?" he asked hesitantly, bonebrows furrowed as he frowned.

You winced. Welp, he had to know eventually. You opened your mouth to confirm and explain, when Error spoke up, finally taken out of his daze at the question. He scoffed.

"It's always been that squid's fault. If he wasn't speeding up the AU-making process, I wouldn't have to destroy nearly as often," he growled, annoyed.

You turned your head to stare at him in astonishment. What did he mean by "AU-making process" and "nearly as often"?? He seemed to notice yours and Blue's confused gazes. He sighed, raising a hand to pinch his nasal ridge irritably.