SIXTEEN

Demetria rushes over to Sapphire and Zyla

Demetria rushes over to Sapphire and Zyla. She kills any Hydra soldier that got in her way by freezing them to death. As she reaches them Sapphire lets out a small huff raising her head. "Hey girl. It's going to be okay. You're gonna be okay," Demetria whispers as she kneels down letting Sapphire rest her head on Demetria's lap. Demetria looks up to see Zyla treating the wound. 

"She's okay. The blast hit her most of her wing but it should heal. She'll be okay," Zyla says and Demetria sighs relieved. "She saved me... if she didn't block that blast..."

"Thank you Sapphire," Zyla says as she pets Sapphire where she isn't hurting and Sapphire lets out a low sound. Demetria smiles a little knowing that her dragon is going to be okay and wasn't severely injured. She doesn't know what she would do if Sapphire died. Even though she is a dragon, Sapphire is Demetria's best friend. They go everywhere together. It wouldn't be the same without Sapphire in Demetria's life.

Demetria looks around to see that most of the Hydra troops at this base have been defeated and that the jet is gone. Which means Steve is on the jet by himself stopping Schmidt. "Hey girl, I'll be right back. Okay? I need to check on something. Zyla will take care of you," Demetria whispers placing a kiss on Sapphire's forehead. Sapphire nudges Demetria with her snout in response as Demetria looks at Zyla, "Steve went on the Valkyrie by himself. I'm going to go see if we have an update. Will you be okay here with Sapphire?"

Zyla nods, "Yeah go. We'll be fine. I had put some healing nutrients on her wound from this plant from Maldonia. She'll be okay."

Demetria nods as she slowly starts getting up and rushing over to the control room where Morita, Phillips, and Peggy are waiting. She enters the room and they all turn to look at her. "Any word on Steve yet?" Demetria asks and Peggy shakes her head. 

"I should've went with him," Demetria sighs as she starts pacing back and forth. "I know he can handle himself but... I should be with him."

"He's going to be fine Demi. You needed to see if Sapphire was okay. You needed to stay here with them. Steve's going to be okay," Peggy tries to reassure her. 

"Yeah... yeah you're right. Everything will be okay," Demetria says as she slowly stops pacing. Just as she calms herself down a certain man's voice breaks through the intercom. 

"Come in, this is Captain Rogers, do you read me?" Steve asks.

Morita is already sitting at the chair near the intercom, "Captain Rogers, what is your--" Demetria rushes over interrupting him. Making him get out of the seat so she can sit. 

"Steve, is that you? Are you alright?" Demetria worriedly asks.

"Demi! Schmidt's dead! Is Sapphire and Zyla alright?" 

"Yes. Yes! They're good! What about the plane?" Demetria asks. There was a pause. "Steve?"

"That's a little bit tougher to explain."