NINE

Demetria and Peggy are in their room getting ready to go to London as Demetria rants off about how Phillips was way out of line about Steve

Demetria and Peggy are in their room getting ready to go to London as Demetria rants off about how Phillips was way out of line about Steve. "He doesn't even see Steve as a soldier. Only as the skinny dude who couldn't keep up with the others. If he saw what I saw surely he'd change his mind. I respect Phillips. I do. But sometimes he can make me flip my wig," Demetria rants off and Peggy turns her head amused. One at the fact that is so obvious Demetria has a crush on Steve and the other on how Demetria is catching up on 40s slang. 

"Oh and not to mention that I can easily train Steve. He definitely can match up to my strength," Demetria adds. "Speaking of that. He probably has a million questions for me seeing as we still haven't talked about what he saw me do."

"Do you want to tell him?" Peggy asks making Demetria stop her rant.

"No... yes. Maybe," Demetria says as she plops onto her bed seeing as she doesn't have anything to pack really. Peggy chuckles at Demetria's actions. "I mean I sort of have to now. He saw me use my powers."

"You should tell him," Peggy says. "We don't leave for another hour. Go find him."

"But what if he reacts badly?" Demetria asks. "What if he ends up being afraid of me?"

"Do you like Steve?" Peggy asks giving Demetria a teasing smile.

"What? No. No," Demetria instantly denies shaking her head. "He's a friend...Colleague... Someone I briefly helped train in the army. And it would be unwise to like a human in a romantic way seeing as I'm 971 years old and live much longer than you guys. Logically, it wouldn't work out. When he's all old and gets grey hair... I'll be looking the same. I age slow."

Peggy raises her eyebrow, "So you've thought about it?"

Demetria frowns slightly as she goes quiet. Petting Sapphire as she breaks deep into her thoughts. In all honesty she did truly think about it after their conversation in the car right before he got the serum. But after seeing Erskine die, it made Demetria realize that "mere mortals" how most Asgardians would say about them, they live such a shorter life compared to them. Demetria doesn't know if she could do that. Maybe she should've listened to her father. No. Demetria quickly shook off that thought. He couldn't be correct. 

 Peggy's voice breaks her out of her thoughts, "Just go talk to him. You'll never know until you try. And I have a feeling you two won't be seeing each other for a while. You can't put off this conversation."

Demetria sighs as she gets back up and off the bed knowing that Peggy is right. She can't keep putting off this conversation. It is bound to happen. "Okay. You win. I'll go talk to him," Demetria says making Peggy break into a triumphant smile. Demetria leaves an amused Peggy and Sapphire and heads to go find Steve.

Demetria walks through the halls in search of Steve. She doesn't think he left yet, the last time she saw him, he and Brandt were talking about his big "promotion." Demetria goes around the corner and runs right into Howard.