THIRTEEN

The next day Demetria is walking around the base in search of Steve

The next day Demetria is walking around the base in search of Steve. It was almost 8:00 and she knew he'd be around here soon. As she passes the lab she hears a loud explosion. Demetria quickly runs in and see's Howard on the ground, hair up and the window glass shattered everywhere. Demetria's eyes widen as she looks around and notices the cartridge with the small glowing pellet of the Tesseract. 

"Write that down," Howard mumbles and Demetria shakes her head, "I told you not to mess with that."

"Yeah well in order to understand it. I need to study and experiment on it," Howard replies as he gets himself up. "And good morning to you too Frosty."

"The Tesseract is extremely powerful and unstable. One wrong move and this whole building could collapse. Be careful," Demetria says.

"I'm always careful," Howard states and Demetria lets out a laugh, "You? Careful? Since when?"

Howard rolls his eyes, "Oh by the way. I made some adjustments to your outfit for missions. Nothing to fancy. I just  added pants to it so it is easier to move around in."

Demetria smiles, "May I see?" Howard nods as he walks over and grabs her uniform.

~Demetria's upgrade (again credit to whoever did this :)~

"I made the skirt adjustable so you can take if off if you want," Howard says and Demetria grins, "It's perfect. Thank you Howie." Demetria goes and hugs Howard. Howard smiles as he hugs her back, "Of course Frosty. Now go find Steve. He should be waiting outside of the lab right about now."

Demetria nods as she leaves the lab and goes find Steve.

Steve walks into the base searching for any sign of Howard or Demetria. He goes around a bookshelf to find a hidden corner where a blonde W.A.C., Private Lorraine, sitting in a desk chair with her legs up on the table reading the Stars and Stripes: "P.O.W. CAMP LIBERATED, MIRACLE TREK ACROSS ENEMY LINES." 

"Excuse me. I'm looking for Mr. Stark," Steve says with his arms behind his back. 

"He's in with Colonel Phillips," Lorraine says not fully paying attention to who is speaking to her. Steve nods just standing there not knowing what to do as she finally looks at him and a smile comes across her face as she realizes who she is talking to, "Of course, you're welcome to wait."