TWELVE

The four of them fly out on Sapphire's back to see all the soldiers stealing Hydra machinery while others were lined up and started walking down the road

The four of them fly out on Sapphire's back to see all the soldiers stealing Hydra machinery while others were lined up and started walking down the road. "What do you want to do? Find somewhere to hide so you two can go back to your disguises?" Steve asks knowing that no one knows about her besides a few people. Hell, Steve and Bucky aren't really supposed to know.

Demetria shakes her head, "No... let them see who I am. Zyla can't make it all the way back by foot. She needs to stay on Sapphire's back."

"You sure?" Steve asks and Demetria nods, "Can't get in more trouble then we're already going to be in once we get back."

As they start getting closer to the ground, Demetria can already hear the gasps and the whispers as they stare in shock. Sapphire lands right in front of the Howling Commandos who stare at them even more dumbfounded then when Demetria and Steve left them inside. 

"Am I seeing what I think I'm seeing?" Morita asks as they all nod.

"We're seeing it also pal," Gabe replies with wide eyes.

"Hot diggity dog it's a dragon," Dugan exclaims laughing. Demetria and Steve hop off Sapphire's back letting more room for Zyla and Bucky. Demetria turns to face them and gives them a smile, "I'm going to answer all your questions that I know you have. One, my real name is Demetria Odinsdottir. Two, yes this is a dragon. Her name is Sapphire and she is an ice dragon. She's really friendly and playful. Three, I came here to help save this girl over here and I'm also here to help you guys win the war. So yes, I am on your side."

"Demetria as in the Goddess of Winter?" Falsworth asks and Demetria nods, "The one and only."

"Well I'll be damned," Gabe says making Demetria grin. They all start heading back to the camp. Demetria looks over to see Zyla fast asleep on Sapphire's back while Bucky watches over her to make sure she doesn't fall off. Demetria then looks over at Steve who is already looking at her. She grins at him. Steve's matches her grin as the two of them couldn't be happier at the outcome. Even though Zyla had lost her wings, she was alive. And that was a win in Demetria's eyes. Both her and Bucky were alive and they couldn't be more grateful.

Phillips and the corporal are in the tent as Phillips starts telling the corporal what to type in a condolence letter. "Senator Brandt, I regret to report that Captain Steven G. Rogers went missing behind enemy lines on the third with Agent Demi Nilsen. Aerial reconnaissance has proven unfruitful. As a result, I must declare Captain Rogers and Agent Nilsen killed in action. Period."

Peggy walks in all red-eyed and tired, "The last surveillance flight is back. No sign of activity."

Phillips sighs as he turns to the corporal, "Go get a cup of coffee, Corporal."

"Yes, sir," the Corporal says as he gets up and leaves.

"I can't touch Stark. He's rich and he's the Army's number one weapon contractor. You are neither one," Phillips states and Peggy stiffens as she swallows a lump forming in her throat, "With respect, sir, I don't regret my actions. And I don't think Captain Rogers nor Agent Nilsen did, either."