FOUR

The next day, Demetria is in the lab with needles in her arm as Erskine is taking some vials of her blood

The next day, Demetria is in the lab with needles in her arm as Erskine is taking some vials of her blood. Demetria offered seeing as it might help enhance the serum Erskine and Howard are working on.

"Thank you for doing this," Erskine says as he gently takes the needles out of her arms. 

"Of course. Do you guys have a candidate for who's going to receive the first serum?" Demetria asks as she moves her arm off the arm rests and places them down on resting on her lap.

"Not yet. There have been many men Phillips have tried for me to consider but they all have been an unfit match to what I am looking for," Erskine replies.

"And what is it that you are looking for?" Demetria asks standing up.

"Not a perfect soldier but a good man," Erskine states. "Not looking for a man's physical strength but a good heart."

Demetria takes in the statement and smiles. She knew she liked him for a reason. It was clear to her that he is doing this for the right intentions and that she can trust him.

Howard then walks in with a tall brunette woman who also has red lipstick on, short hair that is curled and part of it pulled back. She's wearing a uniform similar to Phillips but only with a skirt that goes just below the knees, her jacket is leather  and black heels.

"Agent Nilsen. I would like you to meet Agent Peggy Carter," Howard introduces.

Demetria gives her a warm smile, "It's nice to meet you Agent Carter."

"Please. Call me Peggy. We'll be working with each other for awhile," Peggy smiles.

Demetria nods and looks over at Erskine and Howard giving them a curious look whether to trust her with her real identity or give her new identity.

Howard notices that Demetria is unsure and gives her a reassuring nod, "You can trust Peggy. She is one of the few people who I trust with my life."

Demetria looks Howard in the eyes and he is being honest with her. This is the most serious she has seen him. Granted it has only been a day since she knew him but for those hours that she has interacted with him. He always have been making jokes and being witty. This time he is being sincere.

Demetria nods and looks over at Peggy who is giving her a curious look. "You can call me Demi. But my real name is Demetria Odinsdottir."

Peggy raises her eyebrows, "Odinsdottir? As in Odin the god of war and death? That Odin?

Demetria nods, "Yeah... he's my father."

Peggy looks over at Howard and Erskine who nods their heads. Peggy looks back at Demetria who raises her hand up and starts forming a small snowflake in her hands. Peggy's eyes widen at the sight. Demetria sends the snowflake over to Peggy where gently lands on her hand. Demetria grins at Peggy's reaction. Peggy looks up and chuckles a little.