TEN

Currently, Demetria and Peggy are somewhere hidden in the crowd at the Allied camp in Italy to see Steve

Currently, Demetria and Peggy are somewhere hidden in the crowd at the Allied camp in Italy to see Steve. They had disobeyed Phillips orders that they weren't allowed to come but Demetria just needed to see for herself. It has been a few months since he had gone off with Brandt while they were transferred to London. Brandt had turned Steve into a complete joke, with the red white and blue suit. Instead of being in the frontlines with the other soldiers, he's in tights selling bonds, being called Captain America with women dancing around him as he fake punches a fake Adolf Hitler on a USO Tour.

"Brandt made a complete fool out of him," Demetria scoffs as she stares in disbelief as the women are dancing and singing, "The Star Spangled Man with A Plan."

Who's strong and brave, here to save the American Way?
Who vows to fight like a man for what's right night and day?
Who will campaign door-to-door for America?
Carry the flag shore to shore for America
From Hoboken to Spokane
The Star Spangled Man with a Plan!

We can't ignore there's a threat and a war we must winWho'll hang a noose on the goose-stepping goons from Berlin?Who will indeed lead the call for America?Who'll rise or fall, give his all for America?Who's here to prove that we can?The Star Spangled Man with a Plan!
... Stalwart and steady and true,(See how this guy can shoot, we tell ya, there's no substitute!)Forceful and ready to defend the Red, White, and Blue!Who'll give the Axis the sack and is smart as a fox?(Far as an eagle will soar)Who's making Adolf afraid to step out of his box?(He knows what we're fighting for!)Who waked the giant that napped in America?We know it's no one but Captain AmericaWho'll finish what they began?Who'll kick the Krauts to Japan?The Star Spangled Man with a Plan!(Who's strong and brave, here to save the American way?!)

"Oh wow..." Peggy mutters. Demetria shakes her head, "He should be out here fighting like everyone else."

After the dancers head off the stage, Steve stands tall with a big fake smile looking at unamused soldiers, "How many of you are ready to help me sock old Adolf on the jaw?"

Demetria grimaces as everyone is dead silent. "Okay..." Steve's smile falters. "I need a volunteer."

"I already volunteered! How do you think I got here?" a soldier shouts making the rest of the soldiers chuckle. "Bring back the girls!" someone else yells out.

Steve looks off stage as he is getting more and more uncomfortable, "I think they only know the one song, but I'll see what I can do." 

"You do that, sweetheart," one of the hecklers shouts. "Nice boots, Tinker Bell!" someone else shouts and Demetria frowns, "This isn't ending well."

Peggy shakes her head agreeing. "Come on, guys, we're all on the same team here," Steve tries to calm the crowd down.

A heckler stands up, "Hey, Captain! Sign this!" The heckler turns around and pulls his pants down flashing Steve. Steve sighs as everyone starts laughing. Someone then throws a tomato at Steve who blocks with his shield. "Bring back the girls!" Steve runs off stage as the guys start cheering once the dancers came back on stage.