~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷 ~

TARA

I stormed up the stairs, my heart pounding against my ribs. My face was hot, a mix of anger and embarrassment. My mother's words still echoed in my ears. I fumbled with the door to my room, my fingers refusing to cooperate with me in my agitated state. Once inside, I slammed the door behind me - a statement of sorts.

I threw myself onto my bed, my mind a whirlwind of emotions. I couldn't believe what had just happened. I felt betrayed, misunderstood, and most of all, alone. The walls of my room, which usually comforted me, now only served as a reminder of my isolation.

How dare she talk about my father like that?!

The man who stood by me and raised me. He was the best dad to me.. even when he had no idea what he was doing, he was doing it.

I rush home after another long day at school. But as I step through the front door, a wave of emotion crashes over me, threatening to spill out in tears. I quickly make my way to the bathroom, the only place I feel safe enough to let my emotions run free.

Locking the door behind me, I collapse onto the edge of the bathtub, tears streaming down my face. Confusion and fear consume me as I realize that I've just had my first period. The girls in school had noticed and made it a point to humiliate me, leaving me feeling utterly alone and embarrassed.

Through my sobs, I hear a soft knock on the bathroom door. It's my dad, concerned and caring as always. "Tara, baby girl, what's wrong? Can you please open the door and talk to me? I want to help."

But I can't find the courage to face him just yet. My voice quivers as I respond, "Dad, I... I got my period today and the other kids at school... they made fun of me."

There's a brief silence, and I can almost sense my dad's confusion. He doesn't know much about periods, and I can tell he's unsure of how to handle this situation. However, that doesn't stop him from trying his best to support me.

"I'm so sorry, baby girl. I want to help in any way I can," he says gently. "I'll be right back, okay? Just stay in there, and I'll bring back everything you might need."

I knew he couldn't afford it, so I felt so guilty.

I hear his footsteps fading away, and soon enough, he returns with a bag filled with various items.

"Dad, can you stay with me while I figure this out?" I ask hesitantly, desperately needing his presence and guidance.

"Of course, baby girl," he replies, a hint of relief in his voice. "Go through this brochure I found. We'll learn about it together."

As I unlock the door and step out, still feeling vulnerable but comforted by my dad's support, we sit down on the bathroom floor. He flips open the brochure, his eyes scanning the pages that explain the ins and outs of menstruation.

"Jesus christ, is this really what happens very month?" He says with his eyes filled with horror.

"I don't know it's my first time. It really hurts." I sniff while clutching my stomach.

"I got some painkillers." He said and looked through the bag before handing me a packet of Tylenol.

He then took a box of tampons and read the instructions. "Holy shit!" He examined. "There's no way you're using this."

"What is it?" I ask.

"Uhh, I don't know, but I don't like where it goes." He says and takes out a packet of pads. "Here, I think this should be good enough."

"Thanks, Daddy." I say on the verge of tears.

"Hey, hey hey. Don't cry, okay? We got this." He says and places an arm around my shoulder.

"Do you miss her... mom?" I say with tears streaming down my face.

He sighs and kisses my forehead. "Sometimes, but then I get angry."

"Angry?" I repeat.

"Yeah, because she's missing all this, you know? The good stuff. Things that only happen once." He answers.

"But you're not going to, right?" I ask.

"Of course not, princess. Trust me, I'll be there for everything. In fact, I can't wait to walk you down the aisle. I'm going to cry so hard on that day." He jokes

I wrap my arms around his torso and cuddle into his chest. "Thanks, Daddy."

"You're welcome, princess.... We'll be okay, alright? I promise I got you."

And he did. He always had my back, and he doesn't deserve to have my mother shit all over his name.

Suddenly, there was a soft knock at the door. Before I could respond, it creaked open. I sat up, my heart leaping in my chest. It was Kohen.

He stepped inside and closed the door behind him.

"Are you okay?" His voice was soft, concerned. I could see the worry lines on his forehead.

In that moment, all the anger and frustration seemed to vanish. I got up and walked over to him. "I am now," I said, reaching out to him. I could feel my heart pounding as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He didn't resist. Instead, he pulled me closer as I pressed my lips against his. It felt like an electric current passing between us. He kissed me back, his hands tightening around my waist.

"Sleep with me tonight," I whispered against his lips. My words hung heavily in the air, a plea, a challenge, an ultimatum.

Kohen pulled back slightly, his eyes searching mine. His breath was uneven, matching my own.

"I can't, Tara," he said. He kissed me again, softly, his lips lingering on mine. Then he pulled back fully, his hands still holding me.

"Why?" The words slipped out before I could stop them. My heart was racing, my mind a whirlwind of confusion and hurt.

"You know why." He says as he cups my face and kisses my forehead.

"I want you.. I want you in my bed." I whisper.

Kohen looks down at me. "Not tonight, bella. Maybe when you've calmed down." He says to me and walks out of my room.

One way or another, Kohen is sleeping in my bed tonight.

~♡~