~𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐸𝓁𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 ~

KOHEN

I feel my heart pounding as I step into the shower, my mind still reeling from what had just almost happened. The cold tiles under my feet contrast starkly with the heat that I'd felt moments before, a heat that had nothing to do with the steam filling the bathroom.

I reach out, my hands trembling slightly, and turn the dial. The icy blast that hits my skin is a temporary relief.

Apart from me wished I had taken the chance to kiss her.. to let my hand roam over her body.. to taste her and let our tongues dance together.

It wasn't the movie that had held my attention. It was her. Tara.

I jolt back to reality, the water from the shower head beating down on me. My heart is still pounding, my blood still racing. I am in love with Tara. I am in love with my stepdaughter.

My hand finds its way down to my cock which is rock hard. I bite my lip and close my eyes. I want to kiss her. I want to fuck her. I want to love her. God, I'd risk it all for her.

I pump my cock imagining it was her. That I was inside her feeling her warmth.

If she was here with me right now, I'd be fucking her from behind. I can almost hear her moans as I kiss on her neck. My soul mission would be to make sure that when she was done, she'd be too weak to walk.

I'd make her cum more times than she ever could. I can almost feel her walls tightening around my cock. I place my free hand on the wall and groan loudly as I pump the living hell out of my cock.

I want her so bad.

I want to touch her. I want her to want me to touch her. I want to hear her moan my name while I'm inside her. I want her juices all over my face and cock. I want to take her from every position imaginable. I want to overdose on her love.

"Tara." I moan and pump my cock two more time before coming on the wall. I'm breathless.

God, I think that was the best I've ever felt.

I open my eyes, let the water wash over me, hoping that it can cleanse the guilt and shame. But it can't. It's just water. And I'm just a man. A man in love with the wrong person.

I watch as the water washes my cum for the wall.

I lean against the shower wall, the cold tile biting into my skin. The water turns from warm to hot, but I barely notice. All I can think about is Tara, and the kiss that almost happened. Almost.

I stay there until the water turns cold until my skin is numb until my heart slows down. But even then, I know. There's no escaping this.

And as I step out of the shower, wrapping a towel around me.

I want Tara to feel the same way I do. I'm at least hoping she does. I want her to. I'm really hoping I'm not the only one feeling this, or it will crush me.

As I step out of the bathroom, the cool air of our bedroom hits my skin, causing goosebumps to erupt. I dry off quickly.

Kristina is already asleep. The moonlight streaming through the window illuminates her peaceful face. I pause a moment to watch her, a sense of melancholy washing over me.

With a sigh, I move towards the dresser, getting dressed in silence. I'm dressed in my in boxers and a pair of shorts.

I need to talk to Tara. Now.

I make my way down the hall to Tara’s room, my heart pounding. The carpet mutes my footsteps, but the sound of my heartbeat seems deafening in the quiet house. The door to Tara's room is slightly ajar. I knock softly and push it open.

Tara is sitting on her bed, her knees drawn up to her chest. She looks up as I enter, her eyes wide and apprehensive. She's been expecting this conversation, I realize.

"Tara," I begin, my voice hoarse with emotion. I'm about to tell her.... tell her that I want her instead, that my feelings for her have somehow evolved from platonic to something deeper, something more...

But before I can utter the words, she cuts me off. "Kohen," she starts, her voice steady, "I'm sorry. I shouldn’t have asked you to kiss me. It was a mistake. It can never happen."

The words hit me like a punch in the stomach. My heart sinks, and a frown creases my forehead. I had been so sure... but it appears I was wrong. She isn’t interested in me in that way.

"Tara, wait -"

"I just got caught up in the moment, but it... it was a mistake. It should've never happened, and I regret it. I'm sorry." She continued.

Regret?

I don't.

I swallow the lump in my throat and nod, forcing a smile that I don't feel. "You're right," I agree, though every fiber of my being screams in protest. "It was just a moment of confusion."

I keep my feelings to myself, locking them away in a corner of my heart. Tonight, I've lost something, something I didn't even know I had until it was too late.

She gives me a small smile. "You've been a good friend to me. You're a good guy. My mom is lucky to have you."

It's like another slap in my face, but I smile. "Right, yeah." I whisper.

I stand there staring at her, hoping that she would change her mind, but she doesn't.

"Good night, Tara."

"Good night, Kohen."

This is my reality. My secret. My torment.

To love someone who doesn't love me.

~☆~