~𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃 ~

TARA

I took a deep breath, trying to shake off the lingering thoughts of Kohen as Lina and I walked into the club.

"Tonight is going to be so fun." Lina says excitedly.

"That's easy for you to say." I mumble.

Lina's boyfriend, Jace, grins and wraps his arm around her shoulder. He's the one driving us home, and he's actually responsible, so I trust him.

The throbbing bass and vibrant lights surrounded us, creating a lively atmosphere. Lina, always the life of the party, grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the dance floor.

"Come on, Tara! Let's have some fun!" she exclaimed, her voice barely audible over the music.

I forced a smile, hoping that losing myself in the pulsating rhythm would distract me from the tangled mess of emotions inside.

You kissed him... you kissed your stepdad.

As the night progressed, Lina handed me a drink, and I accepted it without hesitation. "Bottoms up!" Lina explained.

I know I shouldn't be drinking on my medication, but I just need one night. One night to be free. To let loose.

The alcohol flowed through me, numbing my inhibitions and intensifying my desires.

Hours passed, but I kept on drinking.

"Woah girl, slow down. I think that's enough for you tonight." Lina says.

"Nope." I slurred. "You brought me here to drink, so I'm going to drink."

The music became a blur, and I found myself lost in a hazy world of blurred lights and swirling bodies.

I fumbled for my phone in my purse, my vision slightly blurred from the alcohol. With trembling fingers, I dialed Kohen's number, the pulsating beat of the music echoing in my ears. I needed to tell him. I needed him to know how I felt.

"Kohen," I slurred into the phone, my voice barely recognizable. "You're...... my stepdad."

"Are you drunk, bella?"

"No." I giggle. "Maybe."

"You shouldn't have been drinking, you know that."

"Oh boo hoo." I slur.

"Be -"

"You are sooooo frustrating.. like your like handsome and tall and just stuff." I rumble.

I can hear Kohen laughing. "Do you want me to come get you?"

"You should come dance with me. I want you to dance with me."

My mind is so fuzzy right now.

"You want to see me?" He asks.

"Yes."

A familiar voice spoke from behind me. "Then turn around."

I turned around, my heart pounding in my chest, and there he was. Kohen stood before me, his eyes filled with a mix of caution, concern, and amusement.

"You followed me?" I say.

"Yes. You didn't think I'd let you go without me, did you?" He smirked.

Now that he's here, it's different.

"But but.."

Without a word, Kohen took my hand, guiding me onto the dance floor. The music pulsed around us, and as we moved together, the world seemed to fade away. It was just him and me, lost in the rhythm, our bodies swaying in sync.