chap 5 - the girlfriend

niko thought about april more than he should have. he thought too much about her anyway, but he definitely thought about her to much for someone in a relationship

niko was dreading his date with lucy. as bad as that sounded, he did. it was the last thing he wanted to do. he wanted to be on a date with someone else, but he wouldn't admit that to himself. so, he sucked it up and started to get ready for his date with lucy

~

niko was late to his date with lucy. when he had walked into the restaurant he had already seen her seated at their table. it wasn't his fault though, he couldn't get ready, there were so many chores he needed to do. some would call it procrastination, but niko disagreed. by the time he was in his car and on the way he forgot he probably should have gotten her flowers. so he turned around, that was why he was late. totally not his fault.

when niko sat down in front of lucy, her face lit up and she beamed up at him

'well your a bit late aren't you?' lucy smiled

'yeah' niko muttered already feeling disconnected of the conversation.

the night went on like that, lucy talking about how she missed him and she hadn't seen him in a while, and him just muttering a response

that was until after they ordered their starters.

that's when he saw her. she walked in with a blonde beside her he didn't recognise. he knew instantly it was her as soon as she stepped into the restaurant. he couldn't pull his eyes off her.

april had worn a black satin dress that had cups with lace with flowers on them. niko couldn't stop admiring her in the dress. the dress had really shown her figure and hugged her in all the right places.

her hair was a bit messy, not too messy that it looked like she didn't brush it, no it was april messy. niko could tell that april had styled her hair a little bit but it still was messy. niko didn't mind though. that's one of the things he loved about her, the way her hair would fall messily into her face and the way her hair would rest on her shoulders and back, it never looked flat, but it never looked like it had too much volume, it was just perfect in his eyes, but one of the best parts about her hair was the way niko knew she didn't mean for her hair to do that, it just did.

niko didn't recognise the blonde stood beside her, but he didn't care to examine her, not when april was standing beside her.

he watched as april spoke to the server, he couldn't hear what she was saying exactly, but he knew she was asking for a table and would give him one of her wide smiles that niko grew to love so much. one of the reasons he loved it so much was because of the slight crinkle around her eyes and her eyes would almost become brighter

~

april hadn't seen niko as she has seemed to be so involved in her own conversation. but niko had done his fair share of looking over at april, not at all paying to the conversation at hand as he would just give a few nods, the whole dinner was like that.

'are you even paying attention? what are you looking at?' lucy asked, eyebrows furrowing

nikos head snapped back to lucy as she said that

'oh nothing, it's nothing' niko stumbled

lucy turned in her chair to try look around and see what he was looking at.

'i just liked the bag that the girl has over there' niko lied, pointing at a completely random girl. that was a lie, he didn't like the bag at all, he even thought it was a bit ugly but he needed an excuse for lucy.