chap 3 - forgetful

niko had taken april by the hand and led her to his car. the car drive wasn't long, but april didnt understand why it had taken them ten minutes when they had passed about 50 ice cream shops.

when they arrived niko got out of the car and went to open april's door. 

"after you"  he said. niko almost went into a bow guiding april out of the car

"well aren't you a gentleman" april scoffed 

"quite the opposite" niko smirked shutting the door behind behind april

april let out a quiet hm before setting her eyes on there destination.

april stared at it in awe. she understood why they had come so far. what lay ahead of the pair was a blue white and yellow painted van with street lights illuminating it. they had cute little plants surrounding the van and ice cream stickers plastered along the van. there was a small quaint queue who looked like they didn't mind waiting to be served. but what really caught aprils eye  was the old married couple. the couple was working as a team serving ice creams and smiling individually at each customer. the couple would laugh and smile at each other before then making a joke with the customers. the way the couple would hand the ice cream so gently, and scoop the ice cream with such care as to make sure it was perfect and wouldn't fall. 

april couldn't help the big smile forming on her face. niko turned to see her reaction and beamed. he was so glad she liked it that a big smile formed on his face too

"you like it?" niko asked

april continued to stare at the place in awe. "i love it."

"well c'mon then the ice cream will have melted by the time you stop staring at it''

niko started walking while april gave it one last quick examine before jogging to catch up to him. they queued in silence and waited patiently for their turn as april took the place in.

when we got to the top of the queue the old mans face brightened. ''ah neeko! oh how we missed you!''

niko gave him his charming smile that april began to love. ''good to see you owen, my name is still pronounced niko.'' he laughed

owen gave a belly laugh before replying ''i only kid with you!''

''don't mind him!'' his wife called ''he thinks his old man jokes are hilarious'' the wife called

''ah yes but they are sandy! the customers love 'em'' owen beamed giving niko a toothy smile while sandra gave a playful roll of the eyes

owen trailed his eyes and only then noticed april. ''and whos this?'' he gave me one of his toothy smiles ''she's quite the looker, out of your league i must say'' he joked 

april gave him one of her most genuine smiles ''and your not to bad yourself'' she said giving his outstretched hand a shake ''i'm april'' she replied 

owen clasped his hands together ''now, what can i getcha?''

the icecream was gorgeous, but maybe april had been biased because she loved the experience so much. she knew her lactose intolerant stomah wouln't thank her later but she couldn't find it in her heart to care at the moment as she stared at the icecream in front of her.

she had never been able to say no to ice cream.

niko lifted up his card to pay before owen swatted it away. 

''nonsense!'' owen called

''owen-'' niko started

''go boy!'' sandy called