Chapter 11: Somebody to You (Dick's POV)

I used to be so tough

Never really gave enough

And then you caught my eye

Giving me the feeling of a lightning strike (Yeah you!)

- Somebody to You by The Vamps

"Was that Asteria laughing?" Wally asked the question I was thinking of as Connor, Tim, Cassie and Barbara arrived.

"Yeah," Tim replied, sounding amused as Connor shut the door. "You should've seen her. Jason had her in stitches."

I crossed my arms over my chest, feeling bothered by the information for some reason. "Really?" I muttered sarcastically under my breath. "Of course he does."

"Well, she and Jason do have some things in common," Babs commented, taking a seat beside Roy. She stiffened when her eyes landed on Kori, who was sitting beside me. Her eyes met mine, and I gave her an apologetic smile and a shrug. She rolled her eyes and went back to talking to Tim. "They do have a tendency of killing people who get on their bad side."

"Actually," Connor cut in, speaking in that quiet and controlled voice of his. "For a renowned assassin, I haven't seen her kill anyone yet. She even let the Joker live, though the news reports say that's he's even crazier than before."

"I wonder what she did to him," Cassie mused, and suddenly all eyes turned to me.

I huffed in irritation, feeling uncomfortable under their questioning gazes. "What? Don't look at me," I told them. "She was vague about it. All I know is that she did something to his mind, and it made him terrified."

"So is she a danger to the team?" Roy asked, munching on a newly opened bag of chips.

"Yes," Barbara answered bluntly while Tim and I replied with a, "No."

Suffice to say, Wally and Barbara's expressions were identical looks of astonishment as they turned to me. After a while Wally's shock morphed into a knowing smirk, while Barbara remained in surprise. "No?" she asked me. "You're the one that said she was a big threat when Bruce allowed her to stay here."

I sighed, not denying what she said, because it was true. "That was before she risked her life to save Tim and Wally," I replied.

"Well, what if she's doing it so we let our guard down?" Babs questioned, and I hated to admit it, but she had a point. It did cross my mind. But what Wally told me after the night he got back rang in my ears. Trust goes both ways.

"If she is, it's working," Tim commented, earning himself a glare from Babs.

"And I like her," Bart chimed in.

Jaime rolled his eyes at the comment. "Of course you do. You think she's hot."

"I think so, too," Roy decided to input. Bart turned to him with a grin and gave him a high- five. Right after which, Babs high- fived him on the back of his head, making him wince.

"If you don't mind me asking," Kori spoke for the first time since the conversation started. "Is she not feeling ill, anymore?"

"Wait, hold up," Wally said, waving his hand as he sat up straighter. "Asteria was sick?"

"She seemed okay to me," Connor murmured, making the rest nod in agreement.

"She's fine," I reassured them. "She just threw up this morning after she broke up Damian and Tim's fight."

Tim made a sound of protest. "Damian and Jason started that!"

"You're the one who painted Damian's room pink," I shot back.