Unveiling the Mask: The Dark Truth Behind Scarlett's Ex-Husband

A month later, Scarlett was surprised by how much she had come to trust her husband. He had been nothing but kind and considerate, and he had given her the space she needed to process everything that had happened. She had asked him about his life, and he had been open and honest with her. Now, she felt like she was ready to share a room with him. "I'm ready to move my things to our room," she said one day.

He was glad that Scarlett felt comfortable enough to move into the same room as him. But he also wanted to make sure that she was doing it because she genuinely wanted to, and not just because she felt like she had to. He wanted her to feel safe and happy in this new home. He knew that it would take time for her to adjust, and he was prepared to be patient and understanding.

As Scarlett and her husband continued to get to know each other, they found themselves growing closer. They had long conversations about their hopes and dreams, and they enjoyed spending time together. Even though it had been a difficult journey to get to this point, they were starting to feel like they were building a real connection. But there was still one question on Scarlett's mind. Did she truly feel ready to take the next step in their relationship?

Scarlett thought about how her husband had been there for her through everything. He had been patient and understanding, and he had always put her needs first. Even though she still had some doubts, she couldn't deny that she felt a connection with him. But she also knew that it was a big step to take, and she wanted to be sure it was the right decision.

After thinking things over, she concluded that she was ready to move forward with her husband. She knew that there would be challenges ahead, but she felt like they were worth it.

That night, Scarlett and her husband went to bed together for the first time. She felt a mix of emotions: excitement, nervousness, and a little bit of fear. But she knew that she had made the right decision. As they settled down, she realized how much she trusted and cared for her.

SCARLETT'S POV
Vaughn lay on the bed next to me cuddling me, my head resting on his chest and I could hear his heartbeat. I felt safe, protected, and warm in his embrace.

He turned to face me looking at my lips. "Can I kiss you?" He asked and I nodded feeling respected and valued that he treated me with dignity and value.

Warmth blossomed in my chest, sparks igniting as he leaned in close, lips brushing together, tentatively, for the first time. The smell of his perfume, was dizzying, butterflies dancing in my stomach.  But warmth consumed me as I leaned into the kiss, his lips impossibly soft against my own.

The next morning I woke up with strong arms around me, I smiled as I remembered what happened between us last night, I had given myself to him and I didn't regret it.

I got up from the bed quietly, took my bath, and left the room to prepare breakfast. I hadn't done it before but I just wanted to make for I and Vaughn.

I set the table and poured a cup of coffee for Vaughn, I heard him coming down the stairs. I braced myself, unsure of what would happen next. He sat down at the table and said, "Good morning." I nodded and offered him some breakfast, but he just stared at me, and I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. He got up with the cup of coffee in his hands and poured it on me.

I looked at him with shock and surprise "Why did you do that" I tried to demand an answer he just ignored me and left the house. I didn't see him till late at night, I was still up because I was worried about him. He walked into the house staggering, when I got close to him, he reeked of alcohol, and I helped him to the room to clean up.

Things continued this way with Vaughn for weeks, a month later I found out that I was pregnant and I didn't know how to tell Vaughn because he was rarely at home and whenever he came home he was always drunk.