Chapter 9

TW: Smut (nothing too bad, just making out)

The next morning, I was walking towards the training area to practice with Mila and Dimitri. I had done my best to keep my bubbling powers down the night before. I had succeeded, but with some difficulty. I was glad to finally be able to let them out.

When I arrived at the training grounds, Mila and Dimitri were both already there, talking. Dimitri seemed slightly flustered at something Mila had said, as I walked towards them.

"Hey Anya. Ready to fight?" She asked, playfully.

I chuckled softly. "Oh you know me, always willing to throw hands."

She led me towards a practice dummy, as Dimitri followed behind us.

"You'll be doing some offensive exercises today." He explained, as he stood beside me. Mila went to go lean against the dummy.

"Basically you just need to attack him however you see fit." She explained, going up on her tiptoes so she could rest her arm on his shoulder.

"And don't worry, we'll be here the whole time if something goes wrong." Dimitri stated next to me.

A slight blush of embarrassment rose to my cheeks. My powers had been known to go kind of awry during the lessons.

Mila moved away from the dummy, as I moved my feet shoulder-length apart. I bent my knees slightly, as I did the first thing that came to mind. Set him on fire. I had only wanted to set his chest on fire, but every inch of the dummy was covered in flames after my blast.

Mila and Dimitri were both shocked, Mila more obviously than Dimitri. He summoned a gust of wind and tried to set out the fire, but his gust was too weak.

I summoned one and the fire went out immediately. The dummy was slightly darker because of the burn and Mila's hair was a mess because of the wind.

"Saints, what did you eat this morning?" Mila asked, shocked.

I just chuckled nervously. "Same thing I always eat. I did have a really good night's rest though." It was a bad explanation and I knew they were both too smart to just believe that, but I didn't know what else to say in the moment.

"Well whatever happened, that was great. Great form, good control." Dimitri complimented.

I smiled and took my stance again. The next immediate offense that came to mind were ice shards. I had practiced the ability a few time during training, but I wasn't that good at it.

I focused on forming the ice shards in my hands. They came a lot easier than other times. I propelled them forward, adding some wind to add some more speed. Two landed into the dummies chest, as the third one landed in his arm.

Mila let out a cheer, as she walked towards the dummy to take the shards out.

"That was really good, they've never come so easily before. You're aim is also getting better." Dimitri noticed.

"Yeah, and these are some nice looking shards." Mila commented holding one in her hand.

My smile widened, before I continued the lesson.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the lesson, I was practically skipping back to Aleksander's office. My training lessons had never gone so good and having been able to use my powers had felt wonderful after pushing them down for a whole night. I felt better than I had in a while.

Entering the office, my eyes fell on Aleksander looking over the round table in the middle of the room. He was leaning on both his hands, which were rested on the table. He was staring between them at, what was most certainly, a map. He didn't have his Kefta on, contrary to me, and was just in his buttoned up shirt. Strands of hair were falling in front of his stormy eyes.