Chapter 20

December 16, 2022

Alexander Palace, Russia

Commander Pavel, who had led the Petersburg Honor Guard regiment for years, had heard tales of the Soviet Union falling and the mess afterward. Russia reached a new, challenging age... Needless to say, it was very far from ideal. Putin had not delivered on his promise to conquer Ukraine. Riots and civil disputes over the risen Grand Duchesses had broken out again and again ever since. Two sides were now apparent to the Russian people. The half who believed in the legitimacy of the Romanov resurrection yearned for Russia to be reborn in the Second Coming of Christ. The other half doubted the legitimacy of the resurrection after the Kremlin and Orthodox Church expressed their doubts- before renewing their support for the current status quo. This could only mean one thing.

The princesses were being shunned by Russia again. No, his regiment had seen them resurrect. Commander Pavel himself had even checked the DNA tests with the lab forensics scientist Yulia. The evidence was legitimate, yet the tempting lies of the current regime had clouded the truth. There would be a great falling away from God, and Russia was no exception to that revelation.

Thankfully, Commander Pavel and his regiment of fifty guards knew better. Even another regiment of regular soldiers had joined the secret escape plot. They had done well in pretending to swear allegiance and obey the Kremlin's orders. They had to confine the Romanov sisters in action... Or so it seemed. Yet behind the backs of the occasional visiting loyalist generals, the Honor Guards would sneak outside newspapers and candy to their "captives".

Even discuss their own plan ever since new security measures had been enacted. The supporters of the Romanov sisters had been banned from voicing their opinions or public assembly. Those who did were arrested and never seen again.

A knock at his door sharpened his senses. The hairs on his neck stood up, as he anticipated what it was. He had realized that the Kremlin was planning something sinister ever since Putin expressed that the acceptance of the four women had been a mistake a week earlier. He certainly knew it was time.

"Sir, new orders from the Kremlin by President Putin... It is time," Anton said.

"We must act swiftly, Anton... Notify the rest of our men."

Anton handed the paper to his commander, who crushed and warped it to shreds. With a single nod from his superior, Anton took out his walkie talkie.

"All fellow guards, Plan A, I repeat, Plan A!"

In the cold outside, the guards and the other soldiers outside scrambled around to defensive positions behind the towering pillars of the royal residence. For good measure, a few men drove their armored vans into positions as a makeshift barricade. Guards dressed with uniforms and the old Imperial yellow decorum peeked and aimed ahead from behind their vehicles. From submachine guns to cluster grenades, any weapon would do. Defeating the incoming force was not their purpose. Only distracting them to buy time for the Romanov sisters to escape was the objective.

For they all had seen and believed that the four risen women were who they claimed to be... Especially the news confirming the Book of Revelation.

The other twenty Honor Guards went inside the Alexander Palace as planned. They would help OTMA escape as soon as possible with their commander and their fellow comrade Anton. Already, four extra armored trucks out of the eleven had been prepared for their getaway.

Anton felt his heart race. It was now or never... He raced up the stairs to the second floor. He went to the familiar set of doors to the quarters of the "Big Pair" and "Little Pair", hearing hushed whispers.