Chapter 8

This version on Wattpad of my story has finally caught up to the Ao3 version. So far, the next chapter is being written. It will go into OTMA's reunion with Ella and their meeting with President Biden of the USA. I hope to release the new chapter within a week or so.

September 1, 2022

Moscow, Russian Federation

It had seemed as an ingenious and cunning move by the Russian President at first. Yes, the Russian spirit was at an all time high, and the economy sustained little economic damage. Already, Russian businesses began to replace the departed Western ones. Without a doubt, his reintegration of the resurrected Grand Duchesses had been one of his greatest political maneuvers.

Yes, the military operation in Ukraine had held firm, gaining back some lost territory despite heavy casualties on both sides. This prompted the meddling Western nations, especially America, to move tactical nuclear weapons into Ukraine. Putin could not let this bold, rash move go without a counter. It was an encroachment into the Russian sphere of influence!

So he moved the Iranian manufactured ballistic missiles closer to the eastern Ukrainian border. Despite his bold, cool-toned speeches that a direct move by the West would face full retaliation, he felt worried about the possibility of nuclear war. He had hoped the West would fall for his bluffing moves. No. He had made a couple mistakes...

Apparently the West were just as stubborn as him.

And the Grand Duchesses were asking him to arrange a meeting with their resurrected cousin, Elisabeth (the younger) of Hesse and By Rhine... According to the eldest, Olga, she needed to see Elisabeth for further information of the Revelation prophecies coming true. Putin found this to be outlandish!

No one held the true date of the anticipated events inside or outside the Church. No one really knew when. Putin, even as a Christian Orthodox man, had heavy doubts. He even felt uneasy about what could happen to Russia. Any leader would feel the same about a miracle throwing their plans off track.

His advisors still bickered in the nearby room about whether to follow the requests of the OTMA sisters. Ugh. They were of no help to him either. Even the Dugin fellow seemed shocked and confused about how Olga wanted to speak with an enemy princess.

He then heard a familiar tone. It was one that he did not hear for years...

The American-Russian hotline phone was ringing. He reached out his hand to the phone, stopping an inch away from the ringing device. Could he trust the Western leader? He knew it would be foolish to ignore this call, but the American president needed to speak with him. Perhaps a total Russian victory was not worth pursuing. A compromise would work for the time being.

He picked up the phone. "Hello. Mister Biden?"

"Yes, my advisors and I decided to speak with you to work out a compromise. I do not believe that escalation to nuclear war is worth all this trouble."

Putin smiled. "I, too. I would like to give my terms of compromise, considering the state of affairs within and outside Russia."

Russian Federation

Alexander Palace Museum

Maria frowned at her youngest sister. "So... You are going to film us visiting our old home?"

"Well, duh. These iPhones have wonderful cameras... And they even take color and sounds!"

"But this is no longer our home, and it has not been so for one-hundred and five years. What is the point?"

"I was curious about how well they kept our old things clean. It would not hurt to see. We can also be famous, like, YouTube famous."

"What if we say something that Putin does not like? I cannot help but feel worried about what may happen to us..."