Chapter 5

July 20, 2022

Rosenhöhe Park, Darmstadt

Elisabeth, once a much younger Elisabeth of Hesse and by Rhine, shuddered behind a thick oak tree, glancing at the small crowd around her former tomb. She had forgotten how the cold felt. Versus the gentle warmth of heaven, it felt strange to step on regular green grass again with bare feet. She had even forgotten how it felt to have the cool breezes of the German hills blow through her wavy hair.

The few foreign tourists and local residents were scattered around the tarnished bronze angel, peeking around the tomb memorial. But a few of them were watching her place, wondering what she would do. It had been a few minutes, and a few memorial guards dressed in black, yellow-edged uniforms were approaching the tomb as well. She hid again behind the tree. Her heart beat fast and her mind was racing through many thoughts. There were so many questions she had.

She knew what God had told her. In heaven, she had seen her dear cousins resurrect on earth again by His Will and power. According to Jesus Christ, the world was in the final stages before the prophesied End Times. The reason and mission why her dear Russian cousins and herself had risen was clear.

They needed to prepare the world for the coming of the Two Witnesses. Their second mission was to assist the pair of witnesses whenever they came. The Revelation Protocol was underway, and she could not fail. Her mission was to protect her cousins first... But she needed to get to Russia first.

"Get out from behind the tree, miss! You are under arrest for public desecration of a memorial!"

The former German princess felt annoyed. With every miracle, there would be doubters. But they did not understand at the moment. She could not blame them so harshly. Perhaps a miraculous act would do.

She stepped out, raising her hands to the tree above her. Murmuring Aramaic, the risen princess spoke to the critters among the broad branches of the tree. The guards raised their eyebrows in confusion, glancing at each other.

"What is she doing?"

"We should arrest her before she really does something crazy."

"She looks somewhat familiar to a photo I saw-"

"No way could she have risen herself like the Grand Duchesses," one tall guard scoffed, pulling out a pistol.

He loaded his firearm, pointing it at the legs of the strange lady in the dress...

"Last warning! Comply, please!"

"If I said I am Princess Elisabeth of Hesse and By Rhine, the younger one, would you believe me?" she said, raising an eyebrow at the guard.

"What? No way!"

The twenty squirrels in the large oak tree scampered down at her feet. With a gesture of her arms forward, Ella goaded the squirrels towards the three guards. The little animals pounced onto the tall guard's arms, clawing at his uniform! The guards, startled, stepped away. This noteworthy sight soon caught attention, and some of the tourists began recording the scene on their smartphones...

"What the f-" the skeptical guard exclaimed, shaking his arms and legs in vain to get the critters off.

The guards dropped their weapons, holding their arms up in surrender. The former German princess motioned again, and the squirrels jumped off the guard, returning to their home.

Elisabeth stepped closer, and she crossed her arms. No more foolery would be tolerated. She had an important duty to do for God, after all. Perhaps the most important errand of her new existence in a twenty-two year old body.