cherry chapstick - mckenna grace

@srsneil 😻
S/n = sibling's name. (If u don't have one, just come up with a random name or replace it with a friend's name.)
F/h = favorite hobby. (Can be a sport like soccer or tennis, or a hobby like singing or playing guitar.)

"Oh my lord Y/n, we're gonna get in trouble for this!" Mckenna whispers, while I am dragging her to the art room. Yes, we are skipping, but she's my best friend and I have to show her something.

"Look at what Ms. Brown left in the art room," I whisper as I open the doors to show Mckenna a beautiful painting.

"Wow, she's a great artist!" Mckenna exclaims, as the door is closed and no one was there.

"No duh, Kenny, she's an art teacher!" Mckenna and I laughed. We've been friends since 7th grade. And, to be honest, I've liked her ever since freshman year. But I'm not sure if she's gay. Or straight. She's probably straight, and if she is gay, then she probably doesn't like me back.

"Hey, can I tell you something?" Mckenna asks me. I cross my fingers behind my back, praying that this is the time.

"I really like you are I've liked you since 8th grade. You're beautiful, smart, funny, and a loyal friend," Mckenna says. I smile, and lean in to kiss her. Her lifts are soft, and taste like cherry chapstick.

That was my mind.

"I'm going on a date with this guy in my calculus class. He's so cute, and he's funny!" Mckenna explained. I fake a smile, and die on the inside.

"That's so cute!" I lie, giving her a smile. She smiles back.

"We should probably get back to class," Mckenna remarks. I nod my head, and take McKenna's hand and drag her out of the art room.

~

I'm currently on my couch, eating mint chocolate chip ice cream while watching Mean Girls. My sibling walks up to me, and takes the ice cream from me.

"Jesus, S/n. Let me finish this movie," I shout, and they plop down on the couch with me.

"Okay, why are you moping around missy?" S/n questions. I fold my arms. My sibling's eyes widen, and they stand up,

"Is it because of that Mckenna girl? I swear, Y/n, she's clearly an ass if she doesn't like you back," S/n announces. "I know you are delusional, but I can't put up with them anymore."

"I'm not delusional..." I trail off, because that was a lie.

"Listen, we are going to go take a drive. Please change out of sweatpants and into something decent looking," S/n shouts, as they are walking upstairs to their room. I roll my eyes, because I don't need to go out. It's not the end of the world if Mckenna doesn't like me back. It's fine.

Man I should really stop lying.

So now I'm dragging my ass upstairs and change into flare leggings and a blue t-shirt. I comb through my hair, and drag myself downstairs and slip on my black converse. I head into my sibling's Camry and buckle my seatbelt.

"Okay, you were sulking on the couch over a girl? This is as pathetic as crying over a guy. I'm sorry Y/n, but we have to change your mindset. If she doesn't like you, that's her loss," my sibling explains, pulling out of the driveway and driving out of the neighborhood.

"Fine, but I have liked her for awhile. Like a long time. I'm sorry," I apologize, and S/n starts shaking their head.

"Not your fault. Now, if you need to talk, just start letting it out. We're going to 7 Eleven."

Arriving at 7 Eleven, my sibling lets me get a cherry slushee and a bag of barbecue chips. They have a blue raspberry slushee and a bag of purple Doritos. We check out and head back to the car.

"See, that was fun!" S/n explains. I nod my head, taking a chip out and crunching on it. The sweet and tangy barbecue flavors erupt from it like an active volcano.

"You were right, S/n. Just need my mind taken off of her. I feel better already!"

"Good, now you do have to go to school though," my sibling responds. I sigh deeply, and roll my eyes at her.

"Fine, but you owe me Starbucks."

~

"Y/n, I'm having a sleepover. You're obviously invited, you're my best friend. Also, the date with that guy didn't work out, total asshole. Anyway, I'm inviting two of my acting friends, and you can bring some of your f/h friends. Ill text you the rest of the details," Mckenna says quickly. "Also, welcome back!" She gives me a tight hug, and rests her chin on my shoulders. I chuckle, and hug back.

"Wow, you look really pretty," I say, looking at her Brandy Melville top.

"Thanks!" She exclaims. "Well, I gotta go to class. See you in 3rd!" She dashes to her class. I smile under my breath. I head to my next class, and wait for the long day to end.

~

The night of the sleepover, I knock on Mckenna's door and wait for her to answer. She swings the door open, and gives her a hug.

"Hey Y/n!" Mckenna exclaims, still hugging you. I still feel awkward from when Mckenna announced her date, but I try to cover it up.

"Hey Kenna," I respond, letting go of the hug. I've been trying to get over her, but it hasn't been working well. There are 3 girls there. Two are Mckenna's friends, while one is my friend, Izzy. We sit in the living room and play Uno while watching 13 Going on 30. I obviously win, and Mckenna laughs.

"You're literally amazing at Uno!" Mckenna says, laughing. I start laughing as well.

"Well, I'm tired. Where are our rooms, Mckenna?" Izzy asks.

"I'll show you. Izzy and Marie, you two could probably be roommates. Gaby and Chloe, if you guys want to. Y/n?" I snap back to reality, since I was spaced out.

"Yeah, we can be roommates," I agree. I wonder why she wants to be roommates with me, and not Gaby or Chloe. I walk up to her room, since I know her house like the back of my hand. I drop my bag on her floor, and sit on her bed. I lock her room, and change into a lace top and shorts with blueberries. She unlocks the door, and scrolls on Instagram. A few minutes later, Mckenna comes in the room and climbs on the bed.

"Hey."

"Hello." It was extremely awkward.

"Sooo, how was your date..." I ask, my voice trailing off.

"Oh, he was awful. The opposite of a gentlemen. Listen, can I tell you something?" Mckenna questions. I nod.

"Okay, well, I think you are really hot and I really like you, but I didn't know if-" I look at her lips, and smile.

"Oh screw this," I say, leaning in to kiss her. She grabs my neck, and kisses me. When we release, Mckenna smiles shyly.

"Well? I guess you know now," I answer, breaking any possible awkward silence. Mckenna chuckles.

"Yes, definitely. Now, can I kiss you again?" Mckenna asks. I give her a what do you think? look, and lean in to kiss her passionately. She cups my face, and releases. She lets go of my face, and takes my hands and holds them. We look up at each other, and just know that we have been waiting for forever to have this moment.

A/n

Hey yall ! Thanks for reading, and please leave more requests. That way, I am less likely to have writer's block. By the way, Invisible String has been updated regularly, so check that out of you like those types of books! Hopefully I can update every 1-2 weeks (until midterms 😖.) Anyway, see y'all later !!

-ur local rat 🐀