out of her league - mckenna grace (P A R T 1)

forgot to tag supermarioozz for the request 🫶

This is it. The day I confess to Mckenna. I know she's a famous actor and people write fanfics of her and all, but she's such a sweet and gentle person. She's also very gorgeous.

This morning, I grab a raisin bagel and head out the door. The spring air slaps me in the face. It's definitely warm, so I take off my flannel and tug on my MTV shirt. My neighbor, Mr. H, is planting petunias and daisies out in the front garden. He sees me and waves, dirt flying everywhere from his gloves. I wave back, and keep walking.

Mr. H is a sweet man, but he divorced his wife after being emotionally abused by her. I would usually stop to talk to him, talk to him about my family, or my class drama, or even what's for lunch. But not today. I have a mission.

I'm power walking to school when I see one of my friends : Walker. Okay, he's also famous. But we've been friends since 5th grade. Everyone used to call him a dork or something like that. Once he got his big role, everyone wanted to date him or be friends with him. But that was 9th grade. This is 11th grade.

"Hey, y/n!" Walker says, crossing from his side of town. I live in North Springs, and he lives in East Springs.

"Hey, I think today is the day," I announce. I feel proud of myself. Even if she doesn't like me, she's not worth it.

"For what? Is it our math final? Oh god, im gonna fail!"

"No dummy, I'm confessing to mckenna!" I exclaim.

"Oh, I mean you two are so obviously in love, that the whole school knows now," Walker says, before cracking up. I slap him on the shoulder, and roll my eyes. Walker's a good friend, but in 8th grade, everyone thought we were dating. I mean everyone, from the little 6th graders to the 8th grade teachers. We rolled our eyes at the "when's the wedding?" or "have y'all done it?" questions (especially the last one, disgusting). Honestly, we did like each other for a month and kissed, but it felt too awkward. Like dating didn't feel right. So we just accepted each other as friends.

When I head into the building, I give Walker a hug. We don't have first period together, so he tells me good luck, and I say have fun working on geometry.

I go to my locker, and grab my ELA honors textbook. I peek around the corner and see Mckenna on her phone. I turn away quickly, and finish getting my stuff for 1st period. Then, I set my books down and peek back. I see a tall guy with tanned skin and brunette hair. He is leaning on the locker, talking to mckenna. I listen in.

"So, you wanna get food then?" The guy asks, fixing his hair. Mckenna nods, and says, "Thanks, Oliver. I can't believe you're taking me out!"

What!

That Oliver guy (who is pretty ugly btw) is going out?! With Mckenna?! Ugh.

I turn away, and dash to the bathroom. I make it on time, as a river flows from my eyes. I tug on my knee length shorts and wipe my eyes, and trudge to class.

- ur local rat 🐀