Chapter Twenty-Three: June 23rd, 1970

Elora's point of view:

Today was my wedding day. One that I wished could have my family in it, but I was still extremely overjoyed to be able to have one. David had offered to give me a wedding dress, one that belonged to his sister that she said I could use over the phone. Apparently that was a dress from her first marriage, and she had remarried with a different one.

I was lucky that when I saw the dress, I adored it. It was a gown, flowing in a wide shape as the summer wind blew. There was lace embroidery lined along the collar of the dress, light mesh acting as the rest of it until the neckline, which was sweetheart. I had my hair down and curled into a nice, simple do, with a pink and white flower crown instead of a veil. I actually thought that I looked pretty as I saw myself in the full length mirror of my bedroom.

There was a knock on the door and David came inside with a buttoned shirt and dress pants on. He was wearing a small, black tie along with it, and a black bowler hat. He looked quite dapper in his outfit, and I had to smile at him when he came in.

"Elora! You look absolutely stunning!" David said to me as he walked to my side and hugged me lightly. I smiled and thanked him as I placed my small bouquet of pink roses and white lilies on the little table.

"Is Flynn ready?" I asked. He nodded and held his hand on my back as he led me out of the room.

"Yes, he is. He's already taken a car to your destination. He doesn't think he should see you in your dress until the ceremony. So I'll be driving you to the place," he replied. I didn't know what place Flynn had booked for us to get married. He said he didn't want to tell me because he wanted it to be the best surprise of my life. Honestly, I trusted Flynn with that. He knew me like the back of his hand.

"I wonder where I'm going. It's odd to know the bride doesn't know where her own wedding is," I said with a small laugh as David led me out of the house and to the car. He nodded and chuckled as he opened the passenger door for me.

"Don't worry. You'll love it," he said to me. I smiled and breathed as he started the engine and drove away from the house.

The drive was surprisingly long, with a time of forty-five minutes making the whole drive. David pulled off into some random parking lot and stopped the car. I watched as he reached into the back and pulled out a white blindfold. Was he going to tie that around my eyes?

"I have to put this on you so you don't see prematurely. Flynn wants you to be amazed," David said. I sighed and nodded as I let him tie the blindfold around my eyes. When my vision was completely covered, I felt as the car started again and he began to drive off. Not getting married in a random parking lot helped a little with not being able to see.

Within about ten more minutes, David stopped the car again. He turned off the engine and stepped out of the car, telling me to wait for him to lead me to Flynn and the venue. David let me out of the car as I took his hand, and when I stepped out the humid, evening air covered my skin. I smelled around the atmosphere, and I could almost make out the smell of water, and the sound of seagulls in the sky. I could hear the shrill, calming sound of the waters moving around in their bodies. I was somewhere near it, but where?

David kept holding my hand as he led me down the walkway. Within a few minutes, he stopped walking and had his hand on my back to stop me. He said he was going to take off the blindfold, and as he untied it off my eyes, I was greeted by one of the most beautiful sights I had ever seen.

I was face to face with the evening sky mixing with the amazing sight of a pier, but that wasn't what had me. It was the small altar that sat on the dock right next to a beautiful boat, white lights all over the place and white orchids over an archway. Flynn stood under the arch in a simple, black suit, his hands held together as he smiled at me. David and I linked arms, and I found myself at the other end of the aisle, ready to begin the ceremony.