Settling In

Your POV

For the next two weeks, Bakugo and I remained in the same room. The only times we were allowed to leave were when we needed a shower, restroom break, or when Dr. Yun needed us for any checkups. It had been pretty tense and difficult to adjust on my part since this raging blonde was always constantly reminding me of how I was beneath him. To be more specific about that, he had been kicking me off the bed to make me sleep on the floor. Or he'd take away some portions of my food whenever he finishes his food first. And he always finishes fast. It was never easy to do anything without setting him off. Breathing too loudly will annoy him. Sighing too much will only lead to threats. Making subtle popping sounds every once a while will cause him to shout.

To solve this issue, Dr. Yun has given me some things to distract myself with. Since I was behaving more and becoming somewhat cooperative, he's given me a few books to read to pass by the time. Unfortunately, I finished the first three books within two days. For that, I was given books with more chapters and longer wording in it. The genres that I was only allowed to decide were either comedy, inspiration, light romance, history, or mystery. I chose a mix of those genres and Dr. Yun didn't seem to mind that I had no specific taste with books. So, every once in a while, two books will be provided to me after I eat lunch, and I decide which book to read to pass the time.

It didn't please Bakugo at all as he witnessed this. It only made him more cold towards me.

Dr. Yun attempted to provide something for Bakugo, but of course, harsh threats were always thrown at him. And that led to another session of electrotherapy.

After a long time of isolation, I was sitting on the bed with my back against the wall, reading my book for this week. The sound of the door being unlocked gave me no surprise. I turned the next page as I read the chapter inside the book.

Two guards came inside while holding Bakugo on one end before dropping him onto the floor.

Another session of electrotherapy.

The angry blonde ash male groans until he turns his head to glare at the guards. Of course, one of them abused their power and strikes at Bakugo across the face when they saw him attempting to strike first. 'Saw.'

I was getting more worried about him. I knew that the treatment that he's been getting wasn't good for him. And it's only a matter of time before some serious damage is made. More than what he has ever received. Naturally, I came prepared.

"Stupid scum." The guard who struck at Bakugo was the first to leave until his partner follows.

Bakugo huffs and coughs a bit as he spits some blood out at the floor. His lip was busted. Along with that, he had a bruised cheek.

I slowly looked up at the camera to see the red light on it was off. Now it was the time. I quickly closed my book and got off the bed to kneel down by his side. I reached under my pocket for two alcohol pads that were in separate packets. I opened one and slowly reached over to wipe the blood off of his chin.

"Here, let me-"

As I expected, I was met with a hateful scowl as he grunted in annoyance. Basically, he told me in his own language that he didn't want my help.

I was hesitant since I was always cautious of his aggressive behavior, but I wasn't going to let him bleed all over his chin. I sighed and grabbed his chin with some force in it. Risky, as this was, I did it anyway and pulled him up close to me. I gently dab the cloth onto his bottom lip.

He slightly hissed in pain.

I ignored it as I kept dabbing. The wound wasn't big, and it wasn't deep enough to cause any more bleeding. Thankfully. His wound only had a temporary bleed. I guess it only lasted when he was struck. He kept his eyes on me. His breath was soft, but a lot of anger was definitely exhaling from him. Not that it matters. He was always angry. It only made my hand shaky if I bothered to make a single eye contact with him. That's why I prefer to focus on his injury instead of his facial features. I've already seen plenty of it, and right now, I didn't want myself to become flustered with anxiety over it. More so than usual.