NINETEEN

Zaire

I paced my living room floor as I dialed Danica's number for the hundreth time today. I aint never really been scared of much my entire life but her taking off with Lily and not answering my calls got a nigga shaking in his boots. I fucked up in New York but she did as well; she shouldnt be putting her hands on me either. Then what I thought was us making up and shit the night everything went down; her ass was gone by the time I woke up the next morning.

I left New York the same day and came back to Cali and all her shit was gone along with most of Lily's stuff. I even called my momma thinking she went over there with Lily, but no her ass really MIA and I'm trying not to trying to spazz the fuck out.

I dialed her again only to get her voicemail once again. I tossed my phone ony couch out of anger and grabbed the bottle of Dussé I was drinking on to help calm my nerves. It was only 11am but I didnt give not one fuck; she done blocked me on every damn thing and since her and Lundyn dont fuck with each other no more, I couldnt even ask her if she knew where she was at.

I was starting to stress out and it was bothering me a little bit too much.

My phone started ringing on the couch and I quickly picked it up hoping that it was Danica but it wasnt, it was my momma.

"Yes Ma?" I answered disappointedly.

"What the hell went down between you and Danica Zaire?" She questions automatically.

"Just a argument, typical relationship shit." I respond nonchalantly and gulp down some more of the liquor. "Have you talked to her?"

My mother sighs heavily into the phone. "She dont want me to tell you but I did talk to her earlier this morning; you put your hands on her Zaire? What the hell is wrong with you? I know I raised you better than that!" She snaps on me.

I smacked my lips. "Ma I know that, but she put her hands on me first and I tried my hardest not to hit her ass back." I frowned angrily feeling like a kid being scolded.

"Both of yall asses are in the wrong but you know better Zaire." She sighs heavily. "She will be over here in a couple hours to drop Lily off, but dont come over my house on no bullshit Zaire cause you aint too old to be beat." She snaps and hangs up on me.

I took a couple deep breaths before chugging the rest of the alcohol down and closing the bottle. I was definitely buzzed so I decided to go hop in the shower hoping that would sober me up some.

After showering for a while, I got dressed in a simple Nike jumpsuit and brushed my waves in my head. I decided to keep getting my head cut, I was over the long ass hair down my back plus it made me look older with my waves and shit. Danica ass liked both styles on me so thats all that matters.

I chuckled to myself. "Damn I done turned to a simp ass nigga." I say out loud to myself as I finised added my jewelry and colonge.

PARKING my car in my mothers driveway, I sighed heavily and put my blunt out that I was smoking and exit out the car. I took my time getting here on purpose cause I didnt know what time Danica was supposed to be here, but I had a couple moves to do before coming here anyway.

I hoped Danica was here so me and her could talk because I was really sorry for putting my handa on her no matter if she did provoke a nigga; that shit still wasnt right for me to do.

Putting my key in the door, I unlocked it and I heard the oldies playing lowly in the living room. Junior and the neighbor's son was running around the house when I came in.

"Uncle Zaire!" Junior yells exictedly and run up to me with open arms.

"Wassup nephew." I picked him up and slapped hands with him then tickled him.