TWELVE

Lundyn

It was finally spring break and I couldnt be happier! I've been busy applying to colleges and whatnot and I was stuck between San Diego University and San Fransico; I was leaning more towards San Diego though because it was closer to home and I loved the campus better than the one up in San Fransico. The campus was right on the beach and the dorms were huge as well as the apartments; I planned to only stay in the dorms my freshman year since it was mandatory for freshman that didnt live in the city of San Diego.

Graduation and my birthday was next month and I was super excited. Prom and after prom was an absolute success; now I was just ready for everything to be done and over with.

"Christina! The mail is on the kitchen table!" I heard my mother yell on the other side of my bedroom door.

"Okay mommy!" I yell back as I finished packing my suitcase for this Catalina Island trip with my mom, her friend, Danica and Jayda. I was currently waiting for more college mail so I could officially choose what school I wanted to go to. 

I exit out my room and went into the kitchen to see the mail on the table. I had already received my acceptance letter for SFU, I was currently waiting for San Diego as well as a few more colleges in California.

After going through all the mail, I seen the words San Diego and quickly dropped the other mail back on the table. I ripped open that letter and screamed loudly when I read the the words "we want to gladly welcome you as a San Diego Aztec."

Both my mom and Jayda came running into the dining area with worried expressions on their faces. "Bebé whats wrong?" My mama asked.

"Yall I got accepted to San Diegoooooo!" I yelled excitedly and my mama snatched the paper out my hand and her and Jayda read over it together and squealed loudly.

"Thats what I'm talking about!" My mama pulled me into a bear hug and Jayda joined. "I'm so proud of you cariño(honey)." She kissed my cheeks as her eyes got watery.

"Aww mommy." I smiled big and wiped her face. "Its all because of you Ma, I'm where I'm at cause of you and your hard work."

She sniffled and chuckles. "I gotta call your abuela and tell her the good news." She says and makes her way back to her bedroom.

"Congrats sis!" Jayda says excitedly. "We should try to be roommates so we aint gotta be with no starngers."

She got accepted into San Diego as well and that was our plan so we wouldn't be completely lost when we attend college.

"This is so exciting!" I squealed loudly. "I'll ask my mamá to call the school so we can request being in a dorm together; its going to be more though."

This was super exciting news for me. I got accepted to the college that I really wanted to go to and Jayda will be attending the same school. I was going to go in as an undecided major because I honestly didnt know what I wanted to do; Jayda was going to study Psychology.

"Girl so Tay tryna see me right now." Jayda tells me and rolls her eyes making me chuckle. "What should I tell him?"

Her and Octavious been talking to each other for a few weeks now and she was definitely trying to play hard to get even though I knew she liked his high yellow ass.

"Why you keep playin with him Jay?" I smirked at her. "You kmow you like him stop playin hard to get girl. I say let him pull up since we not leaving for this trip until five; he wanna get him some kisses before you leave for this whole week."

She blushed hard. "I just dont want him to think that I'm easy and that he's gonna be getting between my legs any time soon." She vents and sits down at the kitchen table.