it made her uncomfortable.

(a/n: keep this in mind)

" princess, are you alright?" jungkook pulled her out of her thoughts.

" huh? yea, i'm fine, babe. let's continue." she smiles and linked arms with him.

" you sure, baby?"

" positive babe." jungkook nod his head and peck her temple.

they shopped for a while, mostly looking at matching outfits, sneakers, designer bags, and some accessories.
" you're suddenly a customer?" wonho, celeste's coworker, teased her. celeste chuckled and shook her head, "chill out."

"aren't you supposed to be behind the register, beautiful?" the way wonho looked at celeste was enough to trigger jungkook, but he managed to control himself to prevent any escalation. celeste sensed the tension from jungkook, which was not noticeable, but she felt it.

more like a sting.

" no, my boyfriend surprised me today so we did a little shopping." celeste smiled and look up at jungkook who was already looking at her.

jungkook nuzzled his nose against hers and wrapped his arms tightly around her waist, pulling her in close for a cuddle.

she knows him.

his silent jealousy.

"oh, the one you never shut up about? what's up, bro? i'm wonho," he says as he extends his hand. "jungkook," jungkook shakes it, his tone becoming increasingly cold, which goes unnoticed by wonho, except for celeste.

jungkook pulled out his black card and paid for the items. "i'll pick you up after work, princess," he said, pecking her forehead before taking the bags from the counter. celeste held onto his bicep and pulled him away from the checkout area. "let's go."

" where are you going?" wonho frowned.

" it's my lunch hour, so i'm spending it with my love." the melanin beauty said, and jungkook's bodyguards came inside taking the bags from him. they greeted celeste with a bow who reciprocated.
" is it really your lunch hour?" he raised his brow as they stepped outside the store.

" no, but i'll text melissa to cover me till i get back." celeste's lips curved upward, her eyes sparkling with a hint of mischief, radiating an undeniable charm. " and we'll talk in the car," she added. jungkook knew exactly what she meant.

" we'll wait out here," one of the guards said as jungkook open the door for celeste to get in. " alright," he shuts the door and walk to the other side, hopping in and not forgetting to lock the car.

" i have eyes only for you. you're aware of that right?" celeste softly uttered receiving a nod from her boyfriend. " babe, talk to me." she pleaded.
jungkook closed his eyes, let out a shaky breath, and his jaw clenched and unclenched.

" he likes you doesn't he?"

" yea, but that's not irrelevant."

" and you didn't tell me?" jungkook's voice grew sharp and edged with anger. " babe, i didn't say anything because it didn't matter. i told him i can't return his feelings because i'm in a relationship. what sense would it make for me to tell you? i solved it already." celeste explained.

" and if it was vise versa—," but she interrupted him before things could escalate further. " no, don't even say that." she said firmly.