42

The sun cast a warm, golden glow as Y/n stood on the porch of her house, her belongings packed and ready for the move. Her friends, including Sarah, Heeseung, and Jay, were there to support her through this difficult transition.

"You sure you got everything?" Heeseung asked, looking at the boxes piled up near the doorway.

Y/n nodded, a bittersweet smile on her lips. "Yeah, I think so. It's strange, you know? Leaving this place behind."

Sarah stepped forward and hugged Y/n tightly. "You're doing what's best for you and the baby. That's what matters."

Jay chimed in, his voice reassuring. "And you won't be alone, Y/n. We're just a phone call away."

Touched by their words, Y/n blinked back tears. "Thank you, all of you. I don't know what I would have done without your support."

Heeseung grinned, trying to lighten the mood. "Hey, no need for tears. You'll be back in no time, showing off the little one."

Y/n chuckled through her tears, grateful for their attempts to bring some levity to the situation. "Yeah, you're right. I'll be back soon, and you'll all be spoiled by baby pictures."

As they shared a laugh, Y/n's gaze drifted to the street, where a moving van was parked, ready to take her belongings to her parents' home in her hometown. She knew it was the right decision, a fresh start away from the heartache and memories that Seoul held.

"I just hope..." Y/n began, her voice wavering slightly. "I hope I can be a good mom. I want to give my baby a happy life."

Sarah squeezed her hand, her smile warm and reassuring. "You will be an amazing mom, Y/n. You've already shown so much strength and love."

Jay nodded in agreement. "And we'll be here to support you every step of the way."

Y/n took a deep breath, feeling a sense of resolve settle within her. "Thank you. I'm going to miss you all so much."

Heeseung stepped forward and hugged her tightly. "We'll miss you too, Y/n. But this isn't goodbye. It's just a 'see you later.'"

With tearful smiles, Y/n embraced each of her friends, feeling their support and love enveloping her. As the moving van's engine roared to life, she turned to face her old home one last time.

"I'm ready," she whispered to herself, clutching the ultrasound picture of her baby close to her heart. With one last lingering look, Y/n walked towards the future, her path uncertain but filled with the promise of new beginnings and the unwavering support of her friends.

~ Time skip, Y/n's hometown ~

Back home:

Y/n's childhood room welcomed her with a sense of familiarity that she hadn't realized she missed until now. The past month had been a whirlwind of emotions, and being back in her hometown of Daegu provided a sense of solace she desperately needed.

Sitting on her bed, Y/n looked around at the familiar surroundings, her parents quietly giving her space to collect her thoughts. Eventually, her mother spoke, breaking the silence that had settled in the room.

"We're glad you're back, sweetheart," her mother said gently, sitting down beside her.

Y/n offered a small smile, her gratitude evident in her eyes. "I'm glad to be back too, Mom."

Her father entered the room, a warm smile on his face. "Your mother and I were surprised when you said you were moving back, but we're happy to have you here."

Y/n nodded, her eyes welling up with tears. "I just needed a fresh start, away from everything that happened."

Her parents exchanged a knowing glance before her father spoke. "You don't have to tell us anything if you're not ready, Y/n. But we're here for you, no matter what."