47. Destiny's Child

Start from the beginning

"Not a weapon per se, but it's powerful."

After a moment, Dean gave a single nod. "Okay, thanks. Big help."

Billie glanced at Jack and asked, "So are you ready?" She placed a hand on his shoulder. "Truly."

Jack remained silent for a long moment before saying, "I am."

"Good to hear. Because we need to be ready. And vigilant. And not stupid." She removed her hand from Jack's shoulder and looked at Dean who rolled his eyes. "God; if he catches on to what we're doing, everything comes crashing down."

Castiel glanced at the Winchesters while Sam nodded.

They sat down to do reading once again and Sam said, "The Occultum. There's barely even a mention of this thing. And nothing on where to find it." He closed the book.

Dean stared into seemingly nothing as he fiddled with a rubber band. Jayci was doing the same, except with one of her hairties she always kept around her wrist.

"Mm-hmm," Dean hummed.

"And what's it supposed to even do? Spiritual. What does that even mean?"

Sam glanced at Dean.

"Dean?" Sam called.

Sam hit the table. "Dean."

He turned and grunted.

"What are you doing?" Sam asked.

"Just thinking," Dean replied.

"About what?" Seylah asked.

Dean sighed. "I mean, this whole thing is crazy, right? I mean, Death is our Obi-Wan and you two and me, we're the messengers of God's destruction, whatever the hell that means. And Jack is supposed to kill God. But if he does, that still leaves you-know-who."

Sam frowned and realized who Dean was talking about. "Amara."

Seylah thought for a moment as she said, "So, I'm thinking, and maybe Uncle Dean is too, maybe he kills her, too."

Sam scoffed and Dean shifted in his seat. "Seriously. Just listen. If we just take Chuck off the board, that still leaves her. Okay? That throws things out of balance. And if things are out of balance, then the world pretty much-" He spit.

"Yeah, it ends," Sam agreed as he shrugged.

Seylah nodded. "Right. But if Jack kills her..."

"Kind of a family plan," Dean finished. "Then there's no God, there's no Darkness, nothing out of balance. World saved."

"Okay, yeah, but then who takes over?" Sam asked. "Jack?"

As Dean opened his mouth to say something, Jack walked into the room and popped a gum bubble.

Jack raised his hands slightly and grinned. "I just learned how to do that."

Seylah smiled. "Good job, Jack."

Dean glanced back at Sam and said, "Probably not."

Sam scoffed. "Jack, listen. About Billie's plan... She hasn't been real specific on the details."

"Yeah," Dean agreed. "When you go up against Chuck, you're gonna what, bob and weave or you going straight for the full smite?"

"Yeah," Jack replied. "You know, something like that."

Castiel walked into the room as he spoke on the phone. "Okay. Yeah. Fine. I owe you." He hung up and pocketed his phone as he informed, "Well, I have information on the Occultum from the shaman Sergei."