43. The Trap

"God is back," Castiel said.

"Jack is gone," Dean told them.

"Welcome to the End," Chuck said angrily.

The hunters let out a grunt.

"Hello," Belphegor greeted.

"That's not Jack. That's a demon," Castiel realized.

"You're not complete. You need me," Amara said.

Sam inhaled sharply. "When I shot Chuck, the bullet wasn't a bullet. It w it was a piece of me. I feel like I was in his head. I saw his memories. We just need to speak to Michael."

"The out-of-his-head archangel?" Rowena asked.

"We need your help."

"Where's Sam?" Castiel wondered.

"Eileen hit a snag with a case," Dean replied.

"Hi, Sam," Chuck greeted.

"I will help you," Michael decided. "What was done in the darkness can be done to God. That's the spell. To bind the spell together, the nectar from a Leviathan blossom."

"What is that, like a flower?" Dean wondered.

"A flower that only grows in one place. Purgatory." Michael snapped his fingers. "That's the door. It'll remain open for 12 hours."

Sam groaned lightly and found himself tied to a chair in the casino Chuck had been camping at.

"Hi, Sam," Chuck said.

"I'm sorry," Eileen apologized.

Sam exhaled sharply. "It's not your fault, Eileen."

"Is it?" Chuck asked.

"What are you doing to me?"

"Same thing I've been doing for weeks helping, helping you to the bunker, to Sam to romance. It was easy, really, just a nudge here, a conveniently placed spell there."

"Wait. That was you?"

"Uh, it wasn't all me, Sam. I just gave you half the spell. You did the rest all on your own which I knew you would."

Sam grunted. "Because you're such a good guy. Why?

"I couldn't see you. I needed eyes and ears on the inside. Well, eyes, anyway."

"Screw you."

"Yeah. You know, I hate missing my favorite show."

Sam let out a sigh. "So I was right. You're weak."

Well, I wouldn't say "weak", exactly. I mean, I piñated Hell. But, yeah, you figured it out we're connected by these wounds. Which," he chuckled, "annoying, right? And as long as we are, I'm stuck in this world. But you know what they say all good things must come to an end."

BUNKER

Dean called Sam. "Come on, Sam!"

"This is Sam. Leave me a message."

A keypad beeped.

"Have you tried Eileen?" Castiel asked.

"Yeah. Same thing; no answer."

"Well, maybe they just have their hands full with her case."

"Yeah. Or they're in trouble."

"What are you and Seylah doing?"

Seylah glanced up. "Staging a rescue. Obviously."

CHUCK'S CASINO

"Our wounds aren't healing properly. Because of you. It's as if there's something festering inside of you, something that won't let go." Chuck grunted. "Now, I can't see it. I can't snap it away. But I know it's there."