Y/n's gratitude was palpable. "You're a lifesaver, Sarah."

After a brief phone call, Sarah looked up from her phone with a reassuring smile. "We have an appointment tomorrow afternoon. I'll come with you, okay?"

Tears welled up in Y/n's eyes, touched by Sarah's unwavering support. "Thank you. I don't know if I could do this alone."

"You don't have to," Sarah said firmly. "We'll face whatever comes our way, together."

As the hours ticked by, Y/n found herself clinging to the lifeline that Sarah had thrown her. They talked, they laughed, and they even shed a few tears, sharing stories and memories that reminded Y/n of the strength of their friendship.

But even amidst their bond, Y/n's thoughts kept drifting back to Jungwon - his sudden disappearance, his absence in her life. She couldn't shake the feeling that something was deeply wrong, and it gnawed at her heart.

"Sarah," Y/n began tentatively, her voice laced with concern. "I still don't understand why he would just disappear like that."

Sarah's expression softened, and she squeezed Y/n's hand. "We'll find out, Y/n. For now, let's focus on one step at a time - starting with the appointment tomorrow."

Y/n nodded, finding a sense of solace in Sarah's words. With her friend by her side, Y/n felt a glimmer of hope, a belief that they could navigate through the uncertainty ahead, and perhaps even uncover the truth behind Jungwon's sudden absence.

~ Time skip, the appointment ~

The waiting room felt stifling, each tick of the clock echoing Y/n's racing heart. She shifted in her seat, her palms moist with nervousness. Sarah sat beside her, a steady presence that brought a small measure of comfort.

"You've got this," Sarah whispered, offering a supportive smile. "Just take deep breaths."

Y/n nodded, her gaze fixed on the door that led to the doctor's office. Moments later, her name was called, and she stood up, her legs feeling like jelly. Sarah squeezed her hand, offering an encouraging squeeze.

Inside the doctor's office, Y/n felt a rush of emotions - anxiety, fear, anticipation - all swirling within her. The gynecologist, a kind and gentle woman, greeted them with a warm smile.

"Hello, Y/n," the doctor said, her voice soothing. "I'm here to guide you through this process. Take your time, and know that you're in a safe space."

Y/n nodded, her voice a little shaky. "Thank you."

The doctor began by asking Y/n a series of questions, her tone gentle and understanding. Y/n answered honestly, her voice quivering at times. She felt vulnerable, baring her emotions to a stranger, but the doctor's compassionate demeanor put her at ease.

After the questions were answered, the doctor proceeded with the ultrasound. Y/n's heart pounded as she lay on the examination table, her eyes fixed on the monitor. The room seemed to hold its breath as the doctor maneuvered the ultrasound wand.

And then, there it was - a flicker on the screen, a tiny form that held so much significance. Y/n's breath caught, and a mixture of awe and wonder swept over her. Tears welled up in her eyes, emotions spilling over.

"That's your baby," the doctor said softly, her voice a soothing presence in the room. "Healthy and growing."

Y/n blinked back tears, her fingers clutching at the edge of the examination table. The doctor continued, offering guidance, tips, and reassurance. She handed Y/n an ultrasound picture, a tangible reminder of the life that was beginning to take shape within her.

As Y/n and Sarah left the doctor's office, emotions swirled within Y/n's chest. She clutched the ultrasound picture, her heart full of both trepidation and a growing sense of connection to the tiny life she carried.

"Y/n, you did great," Sarah said, her voice filled with pride. "And look at that picture - your little one."

Tears spilled down Y/n's cheeks, a mixture of joy and uncertainty. "I... I don't know what to think."

"That's okay," Sarah replied, wrapping an arm around Y/n's shoulders. "We'll figure it out together. And for now, let's focus on taking care of you and your baby."

As they walked back to the car, Y/n clutched the ultrasound picture to her chest, a newfound determination settling within her. She might be facing uncertainty, but with Sarah by her side, she knew she could navigate this journey - one step at a time.

~ Time skip, back at Y/n's house ~

The terrible pictures:

The room felt heavy, the air thick with tension as Y/n stared at her phone screen in disbelief. Sarah noticed the change in Y/n's demeanor and leaned in, concern etched across her face.

"Y/n, what is it?" Sarah asked gently.

Tears welled up in Y/n's eyes as she turned the phone toward Sarah, revealing the incriminating pictures. "I... I just got these pictures. Look at Jungwon, Sarah. He's with another girl."

Sarah's eyes widened as she examined the images. Her expression shifted from concern to anger, her jaw tightening. "I can't believe he would do this, especially now."

Y/n's voice quivered as she fought to hold back her tears. "I thought... I thought maybe he disappeared because he was dealing with something, but... this..."

Sarah reached out and squeezed Y/n's hand reassuringly. "Y/n, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. But you deserve honesty, respect, and support. You don't need someone who would betray your trust."

Y/n nodded, her vision blurred by tears. "I can't believe I trusted him, Sarah. I thought he was different."

Sarah's voice was firm as she spoke. "This doesn't define you, Y/n. And it's not your fault. We'll figure this out, okay? Right now, let's focus on you and your baby."

Y/n wiped her tears with the back of her hand, her resolve beginning to strengthen. "You're right. I need to be strong for my baby."

Sarah gave her a supportive smile. "That's the spirit. And remember, you have friends who will be here for you every step of the way."

Y/n took a deep breath, her heart heavy but her determination unwavering. "Thank you, Sarah. I don't know what I would do without you."

"We'll get through this together," Sarah assured her. "Now, let's finish eating, and then we can talk about what steps to take next."

As they continued their meal, Y/n felt a mixture of emotions - sadness, anger, and a growing determination to face whatever challenges lay ahead. With Sarah by her side, she knew she could find the strength to navigate this difficult situation and protect herself and her unborn child.

To be continued...