Broken Innocence H

(Broken Innocence - Hiiro)

To this fate... I say no thank you.

It's been two whole days since we lost touch with Poppy Pipopapo.

I knew I should have stopped her even if I had to catch her by the neck.

Yesterday, I received a call from Deputy Director Hinata.

According to him, Poppy Pipopapo wanted to know where the pediatrician had had his traffic accident as a child. Perhaps Poppy Pipopapo thought that was a novel spot and tried to capture Mighty Novel X.

Since she's a bugster, she should be able to make an emergency evacuation even if she's facing a serious crisis. I really resented the error of judgment I had made two days ago when I had assumed that.

However, regret would not improve the situation. I need to change my mind and calmly analyze what I should do.

When I was studying in the US, I learned a lesson from a professor of surgery at a major hospital with the world's best medical technology.

"The biggest monster in surgery is your emotions."

Emotions are full of random numbers and are the most illogical of all.

When an unforeseen situation arises in an operation where a patient's life or death is at stake, the uncertainty of emotions can rob the surgeon of their ability to make a calm decision, which can lead to fatal mistakes that would otherwise not be possible. In order to prevent this from happening, it is necessary to develop an unshakable confidence through daily training and to be carefully prepared to deal with any unforeseen situation, both mentally and physically.

Change your mind. Let go of your personal feelings. The operation isn't over yet.

You'll only regret it after everything is over.

"Genius surgeon. Our helpers have arrived."

The coroner's words interrupted my thoughts.

Strictly speaking, the words spoken by the medical examiner caused air vibrations that vibrated my eardrums. They are amplified by the ossicles, converted into electrical signals by the sensory organ in the inner ear called the cochlea, analyzed for their frequency and strength, and then carried to my cranial nerves...

Excuse me. I don't really care about that right now.

When I turned around, I saw the practitioner and the female gamer in CR's medical office.

The medical practitioner was wearing a black V-neck shirt, camouflage army pants and black boots. He wore a white coat and looked ready to go. The female gamer looked more mature, but she was still wearing a colorful outfit with primary colors and a mini-skirt.

"You've come a long way, haven't you?"

As soon as I started to say that, the practitioner came up to me and grabbed me by the chest.

"How did this happen when Brave and Lazer were there!"

"Taiga. This is not the time for us to be arguing."

The female gamer pointed out the truth.

The practitioner didn't have anything to say in reply, so he let go of me.

I adjusted the collar of my disheveled coat and explained to them what had happened so far. I shared with them all the information I knew at the moment.

"Poppy Pipopapo is also believed to have disappeared in a failed attempt to capture Mighty Novel X. Anyway, be prepared that this operation is going to be different from anything we've done before."