Dear You,

To all players, 

First, I would like to thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for getting Mighty Novel X.

Considering your talent as a gamer, you might be planning to play this game without reading the manual but allow me to at least begin with a tutorial. 

Mighty Novel X is a visual novel by categorization; an adventure game, if you would. To put it simply, it's a game that allows you to experience the story like you would a novel. 

There is already an abundance of this type of game on the market, but I'd be disappointed if you disregard it for that reason. I hope that you'll come to understand it as a game that's never been seen before. 

The protagonist of Mighty Novel X is none other than yourself. 

The Game Area is the city you reside in. 

This city is scattered with important "Novel Spots" that will advance the story of Mighty Novel X. 

When you, as the player, step foot within a Novel Spot, an event will trigger, inviting you into Mighty Novel X's special Game Area. There, you will experience the story of Mighty Novel X alongside the characters within the game. 

Although you act largely as a spectator in Mighty Novel X, you're also the one in charge of its fate. 

The reason being that the story will contain intersections, and you will advance the story by choosing the fate of the characters correctly, steering them towards a dramatic end. 

An analogy of this would be... a tree. 

The starting point would be the ground. 

A big tree sprouts from the ground. 

You begin to climb it, heading for the top. 

But this tree has branches. 

You choose one of them and continue. 

If you choose the wrong branch, you won't get to the top. 

Only by continuously choosing the correct branch will you make it to the top. 

The view you'll see at the top of the tree is the ending of Mighty Novel X. 

But that view might not be a great view. 

And similarly, the ending may not be what you want it to be. 

But this ending is the fate that you chose. 

As the Game Master, I have created games of all genres. 

All of them have reached the hearts of players and are fantastic works that induce excitement and sentiment. Mighty Novel X is able to stand out among these works as well. 

But I'll be honest. 

I didn't believe that this game should be easily revealed, which is why I've sealed Mighty Novel X's existence away from the public eye. This game could have very well been sealed away for all of eternity, but even then, I would not have minded. 

The reason for this is because this game is filled with treasured real-life stories that were never meant to be read. 

But now Mighty Novel X is in your hands, and the reason why you're playing this game is probably because fate has led you to do so. 

Honestly, I've never been more excited. 

Mighty Novel X is not a typical game where victory is decided between the player and an enemy. 

This game tells the story of the very beginning — a story no one has told before — or perhaps no one wanted to tell it. 

Obviously, it's the story between you and me. 

Life is a great game. 

It takes place on the huge stage known as Earth. 

Creatively, it hosts over seven billion players. 

Providing them with countless missions. 

For example, love. 

You might challenge yourself against unrequited love, or make do with someone who already loves you, or even go for the miracle of mutual love. 

All players survive the game of life with their many challenges and compromises, but also with a hint of miracles. 

For example, exams. 

Jobs. 

Getting married. Giving birth. 

When a new life is born, you become the guardian of a new player, beginning their own game. 

As a parent, will you point out the path your child must take, or will you respect their own decisions? 

As you clear your stages, you must also care about your child's. 

All players receive tests daily, forced to make irreversible decisions, fighting for the fate of their tomorrow. 

Just so a happy end could be reached. 

Of course, you have made your way to today as a player of this game as well. 

And the trials you went through made you the person you are today. 

Yes, back then as well... 

Everything began with you. 

One letter was all it took to change your fate. 

But what you don't know is — or maybe you're pretending not to know. It's safe to say that your fate was decided even before then. 

The moment you were born. 

If you want to leave, do it now. 

As soon as you begin Mighty Novel X, there's no going back. 

It'll be impossible to escape from its story. 

Are you prepared to experience the story of fate hidden in Mighty Novel X? 

Because the clear crystal of your heart may be tainted or shattered after learning of the truth within the story. 

If you cannot reach the story's end, you will become a deserter of the story. 

Your crystal will wander in the world of the game, never to return to the real world. 

Do you still want to play this game despite these risks? 

YES → Continue to the next page. 

NO → Close Mighty Novel X. 

Of course, you'd choose "YES." 

That seemed to have been a rhetorical question, since it's clear that you're determined. 

Yes... I can see it with my divine talents... 

Your endless curiosity has gotten the better of your heart, and the temperature of your blood has begun to rise... 

It's too late to act calm and be a spectator... 

Meditate! Feel the pounding of your heart! 

It's as if it's escaped your own management... It's pounding on its own will! 

Excitement! 

Melody! 

Or perhaps destruction! 

Your body is craving for it! 

Your fate no longer lies within your own grasp. 

No matter if you're willing, your hand will begin to move. 

Why? Well, playing this game is also a part of your fate. 

Go on, there's no more need of this tutorial. 

Flip to the next page of the story! 

Will your fate be Game Clear? Or will it be Game Over? 

I'll be waiting to see it out! 

The ending of your fate, that is! 

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!