Thunder's Perspective. Bonded By Fate

As Lauren sets the cup down, my heart races in anticipation. Every fiber of my being hopes she'd feel the bond, that undeniable pull toward me. But the silence that fills the room is deafening.

"Did you drink the last cup?" I find myself asking, even though I've seen her do it. I need her to say it, to confirm the absence of the bond.

Her response, a simple "Yeah," feels heavy. The disappointment in her voice cuts through me, but I mask my emotions, keeping my face neutral. It's a practiced skill from years of shielding my true feelings, especially from Lauren.

I offer possibilities, trying to provide comfort. But as the words leave my mouth about the potential of a younger mate, I instantly regret it. I see a flicker of something in her eyes, doubt perhaps. Does she think I wouldn't care if she were bonded to another?

Then she challenges me with a question that catches me off-guard. "Would you be bothered if I was bonded to a younger male?"

It's a probe, a test, and I know it. But I've been hiding my feelings for so long, revealing them now feels too risky. "My feelings for you wouldn't change," I reply, maintaining my composure. But internally, a storm rages.
Her subsequent question about our friendship status, and her subsequent confession, throws me into turmoil. I laugh, but not out of amusement. It's a reflex, a defense mechanism. I see the hurt in her eyes before
she turns away, and it's a knife to my chest.

She needs a run, but what I really need is courage. Courage to admit the truth, to break down the walls I've built around my heart, and to let Lauren see the raw, unfiltered emotions I've harbored for her for so long.

After hours of thinking about what he should say to Lauren he began to start to feel a pull. An unyielding force making him run into the forest that's only light was cast by the moon. It didn't take him long until he caught a scent. It wasn't just any scent but one that felt like home, like a melody that sang directly to his heart. Following the alluring fragrance, he saw Lauren.

She was his mate, his heart felt like it would explode with joy when he looked into her eyes she ran. From me.

Every movement of hers speaks to my very core. Her decision to run, to flee into the forest, sends an instinctual surge through me. The remark I made earlier, weighs heavily. I sense the chasm it created.

When she shifts, becoming that wolf I've felt a bond with since our paths first crossed, my entire being thrums with the need to be near her. To assert, to claim. It's primal, undeniable.
She's a blur of motion, but I'm attuned solely to her. Every fiber of my being is drawn to the chase. It's not about fun or games; it's about a yearning that originates from the rawest part of me. She taunts me with her speed, with the space she puts between us, but the animal within grows hungrier, more desperate, to close the distance not just between our running forms but between our souls.

The forest, with its looming trees and treacherous paths, does little to deter me. I sense her pain, her retreat, and it drives me further. When she mentally taunts, "Hope you slip," it's a reflection of the barriers we've erected. It's a call to prove my sincerity.

Her dive into the icy abyss of the lake is another barrier, another test. Without hesitation, I'm after her, battling the biting cold and the weight of regret.

On the shore, there's no play. It's a dance of two souls clashing, longing, and reconnecting. Her bite isn't just physical; it's emotional, a mark of the wounds I've inflicted upon her.

I pin her down, not out of dominance, but out of desperation to communicate without words. Our eyes lock, and a myriad of emotions pass between us—regret, longing, understanding. "Stop," I growl, a plea for her to see past my mistakes, to recognize the raw, aching need I feel for her.

Her "No" is a challenge and an invitation—to chase, to claim, to heal. It's a dance as old as time, driven by raw need and desire.
I beg her forgiveness knowing in my heart I'd never hurt her. She's mine to protect mine to love. I tell her I love her, she doesn't say it back, she doesn't need to. I see it I feel it.

I ask for a kiss and she complies sending my body and soul into a state of euphoria. My mate, my love, my world.