Out of The Friendzone

Beginne am Anfang

"Anyway," Katherine spoke, "can we talk about the gym?"

"If we are going to talk about something, it should be the water pressure." Dean placed a sword back on it's stand.

Katherine let her head drop backwards for a moment. "The water pressure," she sighed, "is amazing."

"Guys, we're not in Disneyland," Sam spoke as he looked through the books.

Katherine and Dean glared at Sam for a moment.

"This is the nearest thing we have to Disneyland, Sammy," Dean told his brother before disappearing into the halls of this magical place.

/ / /

Two weeks went by and the Winchesters and Katherine settled more into their new home. Especially Katherine and Dean, who fell in love with the place the second they stepped in.

Currently, Dean was checking up on Kevin and his mission to seal the gates of Hell. Katherine strolled into the library with two plates in hand. She spotted Sam reading by one of the tables. The right corner of her lip perked up as she placed the plate with a sandwich in front of Sam.

He instantly furrowed, glancing at the plate, "You cook?" Sam glanced at Katherine.

Katherine sat across from him, "That's not actually cooking but yes, I cook." She grabbed her sandwich and took a bite of it.

"Wow," Sam said after taking a bite of his.

"Good, right?" Katherine cocked an eyebrow.

Sam nodded and kept chewing. His facial expression was thoughtful and it made Katherine wonder what he was thinking about. He cleared his throat and placed the remaining of the sandwich back on the plate. Sam watched Katherine eat as she read a book placed near her. He wanted to ask her about what was going on with his brother, but there was something inside stopping him. He didn't wanted to cross that line but he couldn't help but wonder.

"Just spit it out," Katherine spoke without looking him in the eye.

Once again, Sam cleared his throat, "W-What are you talking about?"

Katherine sighed deeply, detaching her eyes from the book and locking them into Sam's. "What you've been trying to ask or say. Just spit it out, Sam."

"What's up with you and Dean?" Sam blurted out.

Katherine choked on her food when she heard Sam question. "W-," she cleared her throat remaining an serious posture and face, "What are you talking about?"

"Come on," Sam leaned back, staring at Katherine's eyes. "I'm not blind... You and Dean... You guys, I don't know, have something-," he stayed silence for a couple of seconds, searching for the right way to describe it, "... a connection."

She sighed deeply, "We're friends, that's all, there's no connection."

"The way Dean treats you..." Sam began to speak.

"Where are you going with this?" Katherine snapped, "You're not my biggest fan. You even threatened to kill me, a lot of times..."

Sam shrugged, "Dean also have threatened to kill you."

"That was before we were friends," Katherine replied.

"So," Sam cocked an eyebrow, "we're not friends?"

"We tolerate each other for the greater good, Sam," Katherine stood up from the chair. "You tried to kill me. You told Dean to leave Benny out of his life. And you're such a brag and annoying sometimes so, yeah: we're not friends."