The Trade

A long empty road was ahead of Katherine, her lungs breathing in the fresh air. She tasted her long desired freedom. Her grip on the steel wheel and her left elbow resting over the door as she drove down the road, she didn't have to worry about her daily migraines anymore. The queen of Purgatory was finally dead and it made Katherine the happiest woman with monster features in the world. Her smile was wide, a popular pop song playing on the radio. Suddenly her cell on the passenger seat of the stolen car started to ring. Katherine glanced at it for a moment before shifting her hands and grabbing the buzzing device. She smirked when she read the name on the screen.

"Missing me already?"

Dean snorted on the other end of the line, his annoyance towards Katherine's fresh and shameless confidence was starting to grow on him, it even amused him. "There's people looking for you." Dean said.

Katherine's smirk didn't vanish, actually it increased, getting more smug. She glanced at the rear mirror, making sure she wasn't being followed at the time. "Careful, Dean. I might start thinking you care."

Dean dropped his head backwards as he walked around Bobby's house, a slight smile peeking. "I don't care about you Katherine, but since you helped us killing your own mother, I thought I'd give you that tip."

Katherine shook her head once, her lips puckered together. "Let me guess, Crowley?" she sighed.

"Yeah," Dean breathed out, "He and Cas want the souls of Purgatory."

Katherine lifted an eyebrow, "Cas? As in your friendly angel?"

"Not so friendly anymore." Dean replied.

Katherine sensed betrayal and disgust coming from Dean's tone. He tried to play like he didn't care about the angel anymore but she knew better than that. The King Of Hell and an angel wanting the souls of Purgatory meant that there was a big end game. She hated Purgatory and the beasts inside it, that's why she couldn't let them out. Beside the most important fact that it meant them having to use her power to get the souls out.

"If those two want those souls is because they're planning something big. You can't let them do that." Katherine told Dean, her voice serious and demanding. There was a brief silence in the line between Dean and Katherine, and after a couple more seconds the hunter sighed deeply.

"And you need to not get caught, you're crucial to getting those souls out. Right?"

"Mhm-hm." Katherine replied, once again glaring at the mirrors.

"I am so gonna regret this," Dean whispered resting the cell over his shoulder as he thought what he was about to say to her. "Would you help us to sabotage their plan?"

"Where are you?"

Dean couldn't hide the fact that he was pleased about Katherine working in their team. Sam strolled into the kitchen and Dean's smirk vanished and got serious, clearing his throat before telling her where they were. Katherine remembered the place where she once was held captive, luckily for the Winchesters she didn't hold a grudge against them about it.

-

It took Katherine a day to get to Bobby's. The bridge of her nose crinkled as she walked through the piles of old and dusty cars laying on the old man's backyard. Katherine's super hearing allowed her to hear the conversation the men were having. She didn't bother to knock and entered the rustic home.

"Yeah," Dean faked a smile, "no, I was too busy having sex, with women."

Katherine crossed her arms onto her chest, leaning her body against the door frame with a smug smirk. She stared at Dean, "Is that so?"