.𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭 - 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

𝐢𝐢𝐢

𝐢𝐢𝐢. I KNEW I LOVED YOU THEN, BUT YOU'D NEVER KNOW

zero.

six years prior

      "𝐈 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐮𝐬." Kouyou practically sang as the orange haired woman walked over to Mori. The Mafia Boss was stood off to the side with Elise who was happily sipping on what could only hope to be lemonade. Mori scoffed at Kouyou's words, his eyes landing on his surrogate daughter who was dancing with Kouyou's apprentice.

"Come to brag have you?" Mori asked, rotating the champagne glass in his hand.

"Well. Maybe just a little bit." Kouyou smiled, following Mori's gaze to where the teens were. "It looks like you bet on the wrong boy."

"You haven't won anything. Humility might do you good." Mori snipped in response as Elise looked up from her drink.

"I personally like Chuuya better." Elise stated matter-of-factly, placing her hands on her hips and turning her nose up. "Dazai's a big fat jerk. He won't even play with me."

"I'm not sure that's the deciding factor here, my dear." Mori sighed, shaking his head as he swished the champagne in his glass around. "I will say, your ulterior motives for this party seem to be paying off." The boss told Kouyou who smiled.

"You're going to owe me millions in debt." She snickered but Mori shook his head, eyes flicking to Dazai across the room.

"Ah, ah, ah. You haven't won yet, my friend."

"But I will."

"Don't be so sure." Mori says with a sly smile. "Then again, it's not really up to us, now is it?" His eyes narrow are he looks back at Zero and Chuuya. "It's entirely up to them."

"Hmm." Kouyou hummed in agreement. Though, for the time being, she was winning. The odds seemed very much in her favor considering who Zero had chosen for her dance partner.

...

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙣, 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩. The first, starts with Dazai's disappearance and a conversation between Odasaku and Zero. As a teenager, Zero's humanity check had always been conversations with Odasaku. He was the lowest ranking Mafia Agent, though, he wouldn't be if he just used his ability to kill.