.𝘤𝘩𝘱 𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

𝐱𝐢

𝐱𝐢. DO YOU CALL YOURSELF A FUCKING HURRICANE LIKE ME?

zero.

current day

      "𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐀𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐰𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝'𝐬 𝐠𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬?" Zero demanded from where she laid atop the bookcase in Chuuya's office. Her head hung off the edge as she angrily tossed a monkey grenade from hand to hand. 

 "You keep asking me that question as if I have an answer for you." Chuuya replied as he glanced up at where she was. 

 "I mean, come on! I did my part. I blew up the ship, it was Akutagawa's job to kill the motherfucking members and he didn't and MORI has the gull to scold me about it!" Zero scoffed, violently shaking the explosive in her hand. "I'm not the one who fucked up!" 

 "But you were the executive in charge." Chuuya points out and Zero gives him an unimpressed look. 

 "When had leaving me in charge of Akutagawa ever turned out well for anyone?" Zero huffed as she shook her head. " 'We all make mistakes, Zero, it's important that we don't repeat them'. " Zero mocked Mori's voice as she waved her hands around dramatically. "The fuck doesn't that have to do with anything? I didn't make a mistake!" 

 "Can you please stop shaking the explosive around in my very tiny office?" Chuuya requested, wearily watching the bomb in her hand. Zero glanced down at the bomb and for the threw it at him. He caught it out of midair, using his ability to make sure it didn't explode as he gently set it on his desk. "Look, I hate to break it to you Z, but you're a superior officer to a lot of the people who work here. So when something goes wrong, it's on you." 

 "Do I seem responsible enough for people to pin that on me?" Zero stressed as she threw her hands up. "Why was I ever made an executive in the first place?" 

  "Because you're also more skilled than almost everyone who works here." Chuuya states making Zero glance over at him. "Say want you wanna but you're one of the best executives here. It's why people in this organization respect you." 

 There was truth to Chuuya's words. When Mori took control of the Port Mafia, he built it around Zero and supporting her while at the same time doing what the Port Mafia had always done. Now it was time for Zero to grow to take responsibility for that, and she was clearly struggling, thus why she was whining to Chuuya.