Chapter 49: Hidden Secrets

Start from the beginning

Yin grabbed Vao and pointed, the dullahan following his gaze. "Vao, throw me to Salem and Ozpin! The Knights, I've seen them train! They need all the help they can get!"

"Got it!"

Yin braced himself when Vao grabbed him by the ankle, spinning on his heel until they were nothing but a blurry tornado. Vao screamed angrily, throwing Yin over the dwarves. The healer gripped his katana, bracing himself for impact. His katana swung, the blade digging under the Knight's helmet, breaking through the chainmail underneath and severing his head from his shoulders. The healer faced the enemy, shouting out to his allies. "Cover your eyes!"

He didn't dare turn his attention away from the Knights. He had to trust them. Something he had learned was vital. Holding his katana, he let his emotions run free, a blinding light engulfing the steps to the palace. The Knights of the Church cried out in confusion, Yin moving quickly. His katana alone wouldn't be enough to break through their plate armor. Aiming for any weak point - the spots where their joints needed to bend, he moved quickly, using his much lighter frame to dart between the Knights, cutting at the backs of their knees. One by one they fell, until more spilled out from the palace.

A massive Knight dove down for Yin, his axe meeting Yin's katana, threatening to snap the sword in half with each swing. The healer was already sweating, his entire body weight and strength spent on defending himself. And luckily, someone had his back.

Vao's battle-axe slammed down on the Knight's head, splitting his helmet and skull in half when the dullahan rode towards them on a centaur, his head held high in his hands. He jumped off the nonhumans, landing next to Yin.

"Oi, mate... Wot now? I was only focused on saving your arse..."

Yin smirked, holding his katana in both of his hands. "Vao, use your magic with mine. We're forcing our way into this castle, and going after Glenroy."

"You mean I risked my skin scouting a castle for infiltration spots we were never going to use?"

"No, we were looking for weaknesse-"

BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM!

Yin stopped talking, the adventurers looking up to the sky. The explosions didn't sound like any cannon. And when they finally saw who was coming, they dove for cover in terror.

The First Vao was using Grimm Demise to propel himself through the air, Mono clinging to his back. The Cult leader laughed, jumping away as the First Vao became a murderous storm, his axe and dagger tearing through the knights. They didn't look back; the First Vao raised his hand, a powerful beam of pure Darkness blowing the diamond-enforced door to smithereens, and charged inside with Mono following close behind.

"Y-YIN!"

Jasper flew around the healer's head, pointing frantically. "Th-the Cult! The Cult is here!"

Yin and Vao turned back, sinking deeper into utter despair. The amount of hooded figures with armor underneath their black cloaks easily doubled what Ragna had for forces. And what was worse, was the weapons they were using. Gunshots rang through the air from riflemen stationed on the rooftops, folding scythes and electrified maces tearing through the unprepared forces.

"W-what the HELL!?" Pyrrha screamed. Ozpin gritted his teeth, his face pale with terror.

"The First Vao... He modernized his military!"

They didn't get much time to react. The Secret City and Ragna came sprinting down the streets, their faces blank with horror. It didn't take long to find out who they were running from. Or, for this situation, what they were running from.