Gone

Alison POV

As soon as my eyes open I can see Emily's beautiful face starring at me. Her smile is spread throughout nearly her entire face, and her eyes have this beautiful sparkle in them. I'm so happy that I'm awake to experience her beauty.

"Ali! Your Awake!" She says. I smile at her as butterflies grew in my stomach. Her sweet smile is enough to make my stomach do backflips inside of me. Oh sweet, sweet Emily.

I giggle at her previous statement as she pulls me in to a warm, loving hug. I inhale deeply as her wonderful smell fills my nose. "I'm never letting you out of my sight again Alison dilaurentis!" She speaks sternly. I smile. "Good" I whispered, as I pulled slightly away from her embrace I could look into her beautiful, dark brown eyes.

Emily gives me a huge smile, not being able to contain it. I giggle and smile widely back at her. Our moment was interrupted by Emily's mom running into the hospital room, tears streaming down her face.

Emily ran towards her and put her hands on her mothers shoulders to calm her down.

EMILY POV...

"MOM! What's wrong? Mom calm down!" I eventually manage to stop my mum from crying as I pull her into me for a hug. As my mother is clinging to me,crying into my shirt, I give Alison a confused look. She looks at me with a worried expression, but also looks equally as confused.

I sit down on the hospital bed next to Alison and my mother sits on the end of the bed, struggling to get her words out. Finally she gets out what she wants to say.

"Emily. Y-yo-your dad..." My mum stutters, tears continuously pouring down her face. When she mentions dad my head shoots up. "MOM! What's wrong with dad! What happened?" I almost shout, tears beginning to roll down my face. I know what's coming, I just really hope I'm wrong.

"Sweetheart, your f-farther got k-k-killed in a g-gas attack" my mum gets out and instantly starts to cry again. My body stiffens at her words. Tears roll down my cheeks, one after the other. I can't stop. I can't breath. I can't believe this could happen. Why did this happen. My father was my hero, my solider, my best friend... And now he's... Gone.

I look towards Alison, who also has tears in her eyes, and I suddenly break down. My body collapses onto Ali's knee as I cry onto her lap. She strokes my hair to try and calm me down but it isn't working. It isn't going to bring my daddy back. He's gone, and I didn't even get to say goodbye.

After 10 minutes of hysterically crying. I finally start to calm down, although my breathing is still heavy. My mum left because she couldn't stand to see me like this, which was shitty of her, but I understand.

My breathing is still heavy and tears are still rolling repeatedly down my cheeks as I sit up and nuzzle into Alison's shoulder to cry again. She strokes my hair and holds onto my tight. To be honest she's actually really helping to calm me down. If she wasn't here, at this moment I'd still be breaking down. It's nice for me to know that there is somebody that is there for me when things are like this. And I am grateful for that.

I sit up and look at Ali, who is still comforting me. Her eyes are damp from crying. She looks into my eyes with huge amounts of sympathy, and then places my head back into her shoulder.

She kisses me gently on the forehead. My body is about to explode into butterflies. "Get some rest." She speaks softly. I nod and drift off to sleep.

Ali POV...

As Emily sleeps on my shoulder, I watch her. Her eyes every so often twitch, which is absolutely adorable! It's gonna be a hard few months for her but I am determined to make it better for her. I can't stand to see her like this. She cried for about half an hour before going to sleep.

I plan to do everything possible to make her happy. She deserves to be happy. She's only 17 and her life has already been pretty much ruined. -A, her dad, coming out, being accepted by her mom, my disappearance, my 'death', Maya's death, Paige, what more.

-A has stopped tortureing her and the girls. But not me. A says I'm the special one. A says that I'm the one that deserves it. I can't tell the girls about A because the bastard swears that if I do, they will kill them.

I can't risk telling them. I know that A is serious about his business. I just hope that A wont hurt them. Especially Emily.