Flames

Emily POV

Alison stands in front of me protectively. I cuddle behind her, crying into her shoulder. I am so scared that Paige is gonna turn to hurt me again, or even worst, her.

I realise that Alison is open to get hurt. I should be protecting her, not the other way round! I let go of Alison's thin, flawless waist and stand in front of her, blocking her from Paige.

"Emily, what are you doing?" Alison whispers in my ear. "I'll always protect you Ali." I whisper in reply. Our moment is interrupted by Paige's cruel, croaky laugh.

"Ew mushy squash" Paige snaps meanwhile pretending to gag "I knew that you loved her all along Emily, your the sluttiest girl in rosewood, you deserved everything I did to you"

I felt Alison starting to shake in anger from behind me. I looked over my shoulder and gave her a comforting look before my eyes trailed back towards Paige.

"She deserved nothing that you did to her pigskin, not a single thing. Your disgusting. If you touch Emily again I will make your life a living hell" Ali screamed from behind me. It was cute that she was defending me, but I wish she hadn't. If she gets hurt I will never forgive myself.

Paige lets out an evil laugh. "You may be protecting Emily now, but just wait. She won't be beautiful forever, as soon as you are bored of her, you will understand why I did what I did." She spits. I can feel hurt build up inside of me. A tear falls down my cheek.

I look at Ali. She is really angry now. Her stunning blue eyes look back into mine as she wipes the tear off of my cheek with her thumb. She looks back at Paige and her expression changed.

"That's it pigskin, you have taken it too far." Alison mutters through gritted teeth. Ali charges towards Paige and punches her hard on the jaw. Paige falls to the ground as Alison takes a step back. "Toby, Caleb, remove her. Lock the door. I don't want her anywhere near me or Emily again" Alison says. Toby and Caleb nod their heads and do as she says.

Toby and Caleb leave Paige on the doorstep and lock the door. Ali looks at me, her beautiful blue eyes twinkling. She gives me a sympathetic look and opens her arms. I immediately run into them. Ali holds me tight and I squeeze her back and cry into her shoulder. Our moment is interrupted by Toby's voice.

"Do you smell burning?" Toby questions. Everybody looks around, confused to where the smokey smell is coming from.

"It's probably just one of the neighbours having a barbecue." Says Hannah "at this time of night?" Spencer adds. We all look at the clock, it's 12:48 am. There is no way somebody would be having a barbecue this late into the night.

"I'll go and check upstairs" says Ali, and with that, she speeds off upstairs. I go into deep thought. Alison really has changed. Before her 'death' she would of never stuck up for me, she would probably be the one holding the camera. I was cut from my thoughts by the sound of aria screaming.

"GUYS, RUN! GET OUT OF HERE, NOW!!" She screaches. I snap vmy head towards her screaming and that's when I see it. Flames dancing around the room, an orange, yellow and red monster rising to attack. Smoke clouds taking over the little oxygen I have left to breath.

Everybody rushes to the door. I can't leave. Alison is still upstairs. I run to the kitchen and grab a damp towel to hold over my face. Then I run upstairs. You probably think that I'm crazy, There is a nine out of ten chance that I won't make it out alive. But if it means saving Alison, the love of my life, I'm willing to take that risk.

I run up to the bedroom to see Alison lay on the floor surrounded in blazing fire and thick clouds of smoke. She was coughing and spluttering, fighting for air.

Oblivious to the fire, I run to her aid. The fire burns my skin but I don't care. I can't loose her again. I scoop Ali into my arms. She struggles to find enough energy to lift her arms and place them around my neck. Her head Buries into my chest as I rush to carry her downstairs, bridal style.

I get only half way down the stairs when I realise that the fire has spread, blocking off the bottom half of the stairs. I have no other opitunity other than to call for help.

As soon as I am about to shout for help, 4 firemen burst through the door, killing the fire with gallons of water on the way. Before I know it, one of the firemen have me in his arms, and the other Alison. The firemen charge straight through the doors and throw me and Alison into different ambulances. On my long journey to the hospital, I couldn't stop thinking about Alison.

[...at the hospital...]

"You have a few burns on your arms, legs, and the side of your face. We will need to treat them, when the treatment process is over, you are free to leave" the doctor tells me. "I just want to see Alison, please?" I reply. "I'm sorry, miss fields, but you need to be treated before you can see your friend."

I let out a sigh. "Well if I can't see her, can you at least tell me if she's ok?"
The doctor gives me a sympathetic look. "I'll see what I can do"

I wait for about fifteen minutes until she came back. To me it felt like fifteen years. She came and sat down next to me. She had a very pityful look on her face. I start to get worried.

"I'm very sorry miss fields, but I'm afraid your friend is in a coma"