Backfired

Alison POV

Hanna has come up with a plan to get me and Emily together. This is gonna be the best day ever!

Hannah found out that I like Emily last week. She said why do you blush every time Emily smiles and I went bright red. Hannah being Hannah, she obviously knew from the second she caught me blushing that I like her, and ever since she has been smiling widely at me whenever we are together.

Back to the subject, we are all staying at Emily's tonight. Hannah has planned to play spin the bottle, and keep on playing until me and Emily kiss. The idea is, that when me and em kiss, all of the feelings that Emily had for me in the past will come rushing back to her, and maybe I have a chance of making her mine.

I really do hope that it works. My feelings for Emily grow larger every day. I long for her touch, her beautiful, brown eyes staring into mine, her stunning, long wavy hair falling on her perfectly structured shoulders. Every part of her is perfect.

I just wish she was mine

[...]

Me, Emily, Hannah, aria, spencer, Toby, Noel, jake and caleb all sit in a circle on Emily's carpet. It's around 9pm at night, so we (Hannah) decided to play spin the bottle. Caleb donates his empty beer bottle and we start to play.

First of all, the bottle lands on aria and Toby. They shyly give each other a small peck on the lips, you could see the jealousy in Spencer's eyes, but it didn't last long and we were soon onto the next spin.

After around 5 minutes, I still haven't been chosen. Neither has Emily. So far everyone has been kissed but me and Emily. Noel spins the bottle and I gasp when it lands on me.

I look over to Emily and her eyes are focused on her thumbs as she twiddled them. Noel and Hannah give my a sympathetic look as the rest of them just stare in amusement.

I lean in towards Noel and our lips collide. To be honest, it was quite a decent kiss, but I was still imagining Emily was the one I was kissing.

I pulled away, satisfied with myself, and look over to where Emily was sitting... She was gone... And so was Hannah. I start to get worried. I really hope I haven't hurt her, not again.

Worried, I run out of the room in search for my two best friends. I can't believe the plan didn't work. This could of been my chance to win back Emily's heart and I blew it. I'm so stupid.

After around five minutes of running round like a maniac, I finally found them. They were outside, sat on the swinging chair. Emily's head faced the ground as she twiddled her thumbs while Hannah rubbed her shoulder. I have hurt her, again! I don't deserve her, I can't stop hurting her.

I run over to them, kinda out of breath, and stood in front of Emily. She looked up as her brown, warm sad eyes met my icy blue eyes. We remain staring until Hannah interrupts.

"I'm gonna leave you two to talk." She says and exits the room. I sit next to Emily, not breaking our stare, and place my hand onto her shoulder. "I'm sorry" I whisper, as a tear rolls down my cheek.

Emily remains silent.

"I know, I have messed up so many times. I have broken your heart more times than it could be fixed, and I'm sorry." I say. "I am really, really sorry." Mini rivers flow down my face now, they are uncontrollable.

Emily still remains silent as she looks back into my eyes. Her cheeks are also damp, signifying that she had also been crying.

"Why" she said "why did you do that to me."
I look down at my hands as more tears flood down my face.
"I was scared. Scared of being myself, scared of what would happen if I didn't. Scared of the future ahead." I cry "i didn't want to admit to myself that I was gay." I said.

Emily's head snapped up. She stared me deeply in the eyes as her face softened, she brought me into a loving hug.

I hugged back, crying into her shoulder. She squeezed me tightly, nuzzling into the crook of my neck. "I'm sorry" she whispered, and continued to cry.

I stand up and grab her hand, "come on em, it's getting cold out here, let's go inside." I say.

As I lead Emily inside, I see all of the members of the sleepover gathered round in a big bundle by the front door, it looked like they were trying to keep someone out?

I give Emily a look saying stay here and push my way through the crowd. When I get to the front I gasp and run back to Emily to protect her.

The figure finally made her way through the crowd and ran over to Emily and me. Emily gripped onto me from behind for protection as I stood my ground to protect her.

"Give me my girlfriend back" the figure slurred. It was obvious that she was drunk. I pushed Emily far behind me.
"You will have to go through me first!" I grinned. She gave me an evil smirk.
"Bring it" she said. God I hate this girl, she is the one that has made Emily's life a living hell, the one who gave her life long scars, inside and out...

Paige