𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 20. fever

Start from the beginning

     "Is it that surprising to know that someone fell for you?"

     "Especially you."
In her endless thoughts, the heroine hadn't even noticed that Sunghoon had sneaked up on her.

Nana tensed as she felt the boy's warm hands grasp hers. Although it's always embarrassing to admit one's feelings, the ghost was no longer afraid. It was too late anyway.

That's why he no longer wanted to hold back and create more regrets.

Nana's eyes sparkled as her friend placed his hand on her cheek and scrutinized her with a smile.

     "I never dared talk to you, it frustrates me so much. One of my biggest regrets."

In a flash, his face was slowly coming closer. It was as if he had lost control, as if a strong feeling were guiding him.

The protagonist felt his breath against her skin and remained dumbfounded.

How could they have ended up in this situation? What was Sunghoon about to do?

The teen squinted, he was about to kiss her. She also lost control and gently closed her eyes as she felt Sunghoon's lips lightly brush her mouth.

     "Shit... I'm totally fucked up. I'm so sorry."
The ghost stopped and let out a nervous laugh before stepping back. "Almost made a mistake."

The girl blinked several times, realizing they'd dodged a catastrophe and an even more embarrassing situation.

     "It's okay."
She coughed and shook her hand to get rid of the heat that enveloped her face.

Nana was a little bewildered, and without saying anything more, set off in the direction of the school. Sunghoon followed close behind without flinching.

They've finally arrived in front of the school and during the walk, Nana had said very few words.

The black-haired man looked at her out of the corner of his eye and inwardly slapped himself. Even after several seconds, she still didn't speak.

"...You don't have to take me any further, you can go home."
His voice broke the silence.

     "Oh. Sure."

"Thanks again for everything and sorry for..."

"It's okay."
She smiled at him, "See you tomorrow."

"But—"
He didn't even finish and just watched her turn around and walk away.

His hand itched, and the moment he tried to catch up with her, he felt all his humanity leave. He was dead again, the ritual was over.