The Ball and other stuff

We walked in twos to the common room, not wanting to make a entrance. Me and Lily were last. After two minutes or so, we started to walk down the stairs. A herd of elephants were running in my tummy. I squeezed Lily's hand as we reached the bottom of the stairs. We stepped off the last step and stopped, looking for our dates. We eventually found the marauders all in suits.

"LOOK! There they are!" James said, jumping up and down. I giggled and pushed Lily forwards. She blushed and walked to join James.

"Well, Tiffany Kally, don't you scrub up well!" a voice said in my ear. I twisted on the spot to look. Sirius stood there looking handsome in a suit. I grinned as the herd of elephants got worse.

"So do you!" I said. He smiled and pointed over to Remus. I smiled sadly at him and made my way over to him.

"Hey Remy!" I called. He looked up from his chat and grinned when he saw me. I made my way over to him.

"Wow! You look...look amazing!" he gasped. I blushed. He held out his hand and I took it. He lead me over to the other Marauders. Sirius kept looking at me and I kept blushing.

"It's time to go!" Lily announced after 5 minutes of chatting. We started walking down to the Great Hall. I closed my eyes and let Remus guide me.

"We're here." Remus muttered in my ear. I nodded and slowly opened my eyes. I gasped in delight. The Great Hall had been transformed. The four tables were gone and had been replaced by circle tables covered in white lace tablecloths. By the teachers table, the stage was gone and replaced with a huge dance floor. Huge pink hearts hung from the ceiling, the tables were scattered with tiny paper hearts. On the floor were big red hearts that lead to the dance floor.

"Can I have this dance?" Remus asked, holding out his hand. I nodded and we followed the hearts to the dance floor. A good muggle song came on the speakers. 'Just the way you are' by Bruno Mars. I sang quietly to the words.

"Ohhhhh ohhhhhh ohhhhhh ohhhhhhh

Oh, her eyes, her eyes

Make the stars look like they're not shinin'

Her hair, her hair

Falls perfectly without her trying

She's so beautiful

And I tell her everyday

Yeah

I know, I know

When I compliment her she won't believe me

And it's so, it's so

Sad to think that she don't see what I see

But every time she asks me, "Do I look okay?"

I say,

When I see your face (face, face...)

There's not a thing that I would change

'Cause you're amazing (amazing)

Just the way you are (are)

And when you smile (smile, smile...)

The whole world stops and stares for a while

'Cause, girl, you're amazing (amazing)

Just the way you are (are).

Yeah

Her lips, her lips

I could kiss them all day if she'd let me

Her laugh, her laugh

She hates but I think it's so sexy

She's so beautiful