Jaundice

Thursday 10:45am

Training room

Jaune and Cardin were having a match with Cardin overpowering Jaune. Jaune kept attacking Cardin while Cardin dodged and counterattacked. Eventually, they locked weapons in a stalemate.

Cardin: This is the part where you lose.

Jaune: Over my dead-Oof!

Cardin knees Jaune, bringing him to the floor. He brought his hammer above him, but then a buzzer sounds off, signaling the end of the match.

Glynda: That's enough. Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's aura has dropped into the red. In a tournament style duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and the match will be called. Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now, please try to refer to your scroll during combat. Gauging aura will help you decide whether it's best to be on the offensive, or if it's better to move to a more defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowulf, now would we?

Cardin: Hmm, speak for yourself.

Glynda: Now, I have two announcements. One, you will have two new combat class teachers starting tomorrow. They will help you with combating demons, since you've been learning about them from Mr. Nero. Also, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away. It won't be long before other students start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing. Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale. Class dismissed.

Later, at the cafeteria.

The two teams sat across from each other while Nero sat next to RWBY, and Kyrie sat next to JNPR.

Nora: So, there we were, in the middle of the night.

Ren: It was day.

Nora:We were surrounded by ursas.

Ren: They were Beowulfs.

Nora: Dozens of 'em!

Ren: Two of 'em!

Nora: But they were no match! Ren and I took them down and made a killing selling Ursa skin rugs.

Ren: *sigh* She's been having this occurring dream for nearly a month now.

Nero: I have zero idea how you put up with her.

Nora: Hey!

Trying to change the subject, Phyrra turned to Jaune.

Phyrra: Jaune, are you okay?

Jaune: Huh? Oh yeah! Why?

Ruby: It's just that you seem a little, not okay.

Jaune: Guys, seriously, I'm fine! Look!

Jaune gives an unconvincing smile and thumbs up as he laughs nervously.

Nero: Sorry, but that's not convincing anyone, Jaune.

The group heard laughing and turned to see team CRDN taunting a bunny girl faunus.

Phyrra: Jaune, Cardin has been picking on you since the first week of school.

Jaune: Cardin Winchester? Pfft, no! He just likes to mess around, y'know? Practical jokes!

Kyrie: He's a bully.

Jaune: Oh please, name one time he's "bullied" me.

Nero: Weellllllll, there was the one time where he pushed you down to the ground while you had a bunch of books in your hands, mocking you afterwards.

Kyrie: He activated your shield, and you were stuck in a doorway for about half an hour.

Ruby: And he pushed you into one of those rocket lockers and made it shoot outside the school!