Arrival at Beacon

2:30pm

???: Oh, I can't believe my baby sister's going to Beacon with me. This is the best day ever!

Ruby: Yang, stop.

Yang: But I'm so proud of you!

Ruby: Really sis, it was nothing.

Yang: What do you mean? That was incredible, everyone at school is gonna think you're the bees-knees.

Ruby: But I don't want to be the bees-knees, I don't want to be any kind of knees I just want to be a normal girl with normal knees.

Yang: What's wrong, aren't you excited?

Ruby: Of course I'm excited, I just got moved ahead two years. I don't want people to think I'm special or anything.

Yang: But you are special.

As they talked, a monitor tuned to the news retold the events of the robbery that took place last night, then switched to news about an organization called "The White Fang", who was once a peaceful organization but turned violent. The monitor then switched to a hologram of Glynda Goodwitch.

Glynda: Hello and welcome to beacon.

Yang: Who's that?

Glynda: I am Glynda Goodwitch.

Yang: Oh!

Glynda: You are among a privileged few who have received the honor of being selected to attend the prestigious academy. Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace, and as future huntsmen and huntresses, it is your duty to uphold it. You have demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and the training to protect our world.

After she says that, the hologram disappears and Ruby and Yang look outside. 

Ruby: Wow! Look Yang you can see Signal from up here.

Yang: Yeah, I guess home isn't far off after all.

They then hear gagging near them and they turn to see a blonde boy vomiting.

Yang: Well, I guess the view isn't for everyone. 

Ruby: The moment was nice while it lasted. Oh! Yang, you got some on your shoe!

Yang: Gross! Gross! Gross! Gross! Gross!

???: Here, I'll get that for ya.

Yang: Huh?

Nico comes out of nowhere with a towel in hand and wipes the mess off of Yang's boots.

Nico: There ya go.

Ruby: Hey, Nico!

Nico: Hey, Rubes.

Yang: Thanks, what's your name?

Nico: Nicoletta Goldstein, but you can call me Nico.

Yang: Well Nico, I guess you're studying at Beacon as we, but you don't look much like a fighter.

Nico: Well, I'm more of an inventor than a fighter, but I create many kinds of lethal weapons for my friend. My grandmother was known as "The .45 caliber Virtuoso", she was a legendary gunsmith.

Ruby: *with stars in her eyes* Really? You didn't tell me that last time we met!

Nico: Yep! Speaking of which. Hey, Nero! C'mere! 

Nero: Coming!

Nico: You gotta see what I created for my partner here. I created it for him after he regrew his lost arm he previously lost.