Chapter 9

I'm currently inside the dressing room of one of the shops in the mall trying on some clothes for my mother to approve of. I'm anticipated for the competition as it is tomorrow and honestly, I still have mixed feelings about this.

The sad news is America is actually not following me to Amsterdam anymore because she is going to rehab for three weeks. In case you're wondering why, her dad insisted that she goes because she was having really bad anger issues and Mere herself believed that something was wrong with her so she decided to cool off and get help. Mere checks into Rehab next week, after I must have left.

Besides, we got an email from the modelling board instructing us that we no longer required any other person to be with us in the competition as they hired a professional to be seeing us frequently in the course of the events. Now you see why fate is against me? I get to live with some bunch of girls that I don't even know.

"Blue honey, does it fit" Mum shouts from the other side of the door. I look at the mirror and admire myself because the pair of black leggings are hugging my body parts in the right angles plus the cream lacy shirt makes my not so big boobs a little bit bigger.

'Yep, I think I want to get this ones" I yell back

After five hours of arguing and agreeing on some bunch of cool clothes, mum and I step out of the mall and head towards our the car.

"That was one hell of a shopping. I'm starving." I say as I climb into the passenger seat.

"Well at least we bought pretty much every thing you need. I can't believe I won't be seeing you for more than three weeks" Mum tells me as she starts the car and glances over at me with a sad smile.

"Mum, I still have my phone, I'll call you when I'm free" I tell her for the tenth time

'Hush, as if it's the same thing with physical communication Blue" She rambles on. I say no more because I don't want to use up the little energy I have left. I still have some packing to do. I'm glad it's still some minutes past three.

I want to call Mere but she says she'll be at my house tomorrow in the afternoon since my plane leaves in the night. I really wish she was going with me. Things would have been a lot more easier and certainly funnier.

Mum turns on the radio and keeps the volume low while I concentrate on admiring nature through the window. We stop when the traffic light flashes red.

I'm still staring out the window when a mini van pulls up beside us. I see about four little children inside with their parents in the front seats. Clearly, they're having a hard time keeping their children calm. The smallest of them, a little girl turns and when she notices that I could see her, she waves at me and flashes me a toothy smile with a couple of them missing.

I smile and wave back at her making goofy faces to make her laugh. Suddenly, a boy I consider to be her brother slams the window with his palm and presses his face to the window displaying an ugly, monstrous face. I'm taken aback and I hit my elbow on the hand brake although it didn't budge. Now that was painful. I mentally tell myself as I rub my throbbing elbow.

He starts laughing clearly proud of his performance. I glare at him and give him my index finger although he didn't look older than ten years. He starts laughing as our car starts moving. I hate his ugly face. I turn my face and focus on the road ahead.

"Stupid children that don't have manners" I mutter under my breath.

"Clearly you gave him the middle finger" mum says without shifting her gaze from the road. I snap my head at her and stare at her. I knew staring was rude but, how did she see me? I made sure to do it sneakily.