Bleeding Nights (9)

Chapter nine

            “Can I help you?” The librarian at the front desk asked me. I shook my head no, but I gave her a look that was nice. She couldn’t help me find him; only I could. I scanned the deserted shelves for any sign of my psychic. At last, I spotted him, in the paranormal section, of course.

            “Haveeennnnnn.” I sung as I slid down next to him in the aisle. He looked at me, a grin planted on his face.

            Suddenly, his face dropped, and he looked at me funny. “Who are you again?”

            I punched his arm playfully, “Shut up.” He just chuckled. “Okay, Haven, focus. I need you to try and contact him for me.”

            He sighed, then rummaged through his black bag, finally producing a diet coke. He opened the bottle nonchalently, even though we weren’t aloud to have food or drinks in the library. He chugged half of it, then wiped his lips on his sleeve.

            “Haven,” I said, warily. He raised an eyebrow. “You aren’t supposed to bring that in here. What if you get caught and have to leave?”

            He looked at me like I was stupid. “Elaina, I’m a psychic. I would sense someone coming towards me from a mile away. Don’t worry, no one noticed.” I let the subject drop after that. I trusted Haven, even though I knew I shouldn’t. “So, how do you want me to even attempt to contact your freaky, goth, weird, ghost thing?” He asked.

            “He’s my warrior, and he has a name. It’s Alex.”

            “Whatever you call him, how am I supposed to find him? Do you even know his last name?”

            “Er, no…”

            He cut me off, “Exactly.”

            I glared at him. Then, a thought came to mind, “Hey, can you read minds?”

            “Yeah, because I’m a wizard.”

            “Shut up.”

            “Why did you even want to know if I could read your mind?” He questioned, taking another long gulp from his near empty bottle.

            I sighed, “Because, if you could, then I could show you what he looks like, and you could maybe go off that?”

            “Elaina, I’m psychic, not magical.”

            “I realize how stupid it sounds now.”

            “Do you?”

            I put my head in my hands, “Haven, do you ever, excuse my french but, shut the fuck up?”

            “Never. I’m psychic; I know it all. Therefore, it is my job to share my knowledge with the unfortunate ones like yourself.” He smiled innocently at me. I wanted to club him.

            “Havy, darling.” He glared at me for the new nickname I gave him, but I kept going, “If you do in fact know all, like I doubt you do, then why don’t you suggest what we should do?”

            He winced at the power behind my voice. I didn’t realize that my voice, though still but a whisper, was that powerful. He finally responded. “Okay, fine. You like to draw, right?”

            “Yes…”

            He put up a finger, signaling for me to hold on as he rummaged through his pack once more. At last, he produced a sketch pad, and a various assortment of colored pencils.

            I frowned at them, “Uh, am I missing something here?”

            “You are so lucky you’re pretty.” Haven laughed to himself. I however, did not find it amusing. He finally calmed down enough to explain himself. “You like to draw, you know what he looks like. Do I have to draw you a map?”

            I finally understood. He wanted me to draw Alex. Boy, how hard that was going to be. I started with what I noticed most: his deep violet eyes. Next, came his long black hair. Then, his muscular jaw, and soon after, his thin frame. I did not know what to draw for clothes, but I did remember the clothes he wore the day I met him, so I drew those too. His feet…weren’t they bare? I was sure of it.

            Not ten minutes later, I was done. The sketch wasn’t perfect, but it was a close resemblance to him in real life. Or in the next life. Whatever he called it.

            I handed my creation to Haven, who was dosing off next to the stacks of books. “Haven!” He shot up and looked around nervously. I almost giggled. “Pay attention!”

            “Right…sorry.” He smiled sheepishly, clearly embarrassed. I just laughed quietly.

            He glanced at my drawing once, and his eyes buldged. “Whoa. You’re really good at this.”

            “Thanks.” I couldn’t help but blush. Who wouldn’t after an attractive psychic compliments them? No one.

            “Elaina, I’ve seen this guy before.” Haven squinted his eyes at my creation, confirming my thoughts exactly: Alex was a psychic. Haven smiled, recognizing the boy in my drawing, “He truly is your warrior. Don’t doubt your judgement.”

            I grinned, “I knew that all along. Can you contact him?”

            He shook his head, and my heart sank. And then I saw he was shaking out his hair. Oh god. He was right; I was lucky I was pretty.

            “Erm, I don’t know. If his psychic field is too much for me, then no. If it’s within range, sure.”

            “Can you try?” I bit my lip.

            He nodded, and closed his eyes. He drew in a sharp breath, then let it out slowly. Before I knew it, he was in a full meditation. I noticed a familiar face over in the next section, looking directly at us. Oliver. For the love of –

            I shook Haven friviously, “Haven, wake the heck up!”

            He groaned, and opened his eyes. They were a deep violet. He yawned, and stretched, then did a double take when he spotted me. “Lainie?” He asked, incredulously.

            I did a small wave. “Hi Haven. Yeah, it’s me. You fell asleep.”

            Alex gave me a confused glare, before looking where my gaze was trained. To Oliver. He nodded in understanding, “Yeah. Being stoned half the night does that shit to you, you know?”

            I giggled, “Yeah, I got it.”

            “You want to get out of here?” Alex in Haven’s body asked. I nodded, and we walked out, hand in hand.

            It definitely didn’t agree with Oliver.

**********************************************************

It's been so long since I last added to this, and I wrote this a while ago. But here it is, and I'm happy with it.

FINALLY OFF HOLD! Though it won't be added to a lot...

Another thing....

By book Tormented I'm taking it down. Don't ask me why, but I just have to. I can't keep it up, it hurts too much.

Thank you, you beautiful people! Much Love!