Bleeding Nights

Okay guys! So, this is a story I wrote two years ago! It's not completed, but I like it so far. I'll add onto it, and make it enjoyable to read! Thanks love!

Also; Vampire hype may be huge, but I'm not one for it. However, since I wrote this two years ago, not much I can do to change it. Sorry if anyone doesn't like Vampires, I promise the next story I post will be Vampire Free!

Ps: First person POV. Probably the only first person POV I'll do for now. And, to not get your hopes up for nothing, it's staying in Lainie's POV. I think it's better if you don't know what the other person is thinking! Enjoy!

Chapter one

            The smells of the burning fire was almost enough to make me cry. Summer was ending, and school was starting. The camp was deserted except for a few counsels, I being one of them. I looked up into the stars and shivered. Fall was definitely coming, but tonight was unbearable. I sighed to myself. I almost wished that school would never come.

            "Hey," my best friend, Sinclaire Miller came up from behind. He sat comfortably next to me. I inhaled the scent of his Axe body spray. He caught my sad eyes, then added, "Oh, cheer up Lainie. The night is still young, and while you'll miss this place, you still have me." Indeed, I did.

            Sinclaire, or Sin as I liked to call him, had been my best friend for as long as I could imagine. He and I clicked, though no one understood why. After all, Sin got along with everyone, and I was a misfit, trying to find her place.

            "You know, Lainie, you could always make the most of it right now." I glanced at him, his quirky face in the fire light.

            "Yeah, I suppose," I sighed, enjoying every moment of this. Lainie. That would be me. Sin and I always called each other by nicknames. Mostly because we hated our names. Mine was Elaina Von Calpertier, and he called me Lainie. Some people thought it was cute. Others thought it weird how we were so close, but never officially dated. I'll admit, I've thought about Sin that way. He had always been my best friend, the brother I had always wanted. Except that, I did have a brother, and he definitely hated Sin. I think it was his big brother instincts. Other times, I thought it was to show off.

            As I thought about him, my brother, Jeremy, walked up. "Hey Lainie. Oh, hey Sinclaire." He mumbled the last part, as if he were ashamed to even say it. Like a child and a cuss word.

            Sin smirked, "Hey Jeremy. How are you tonight?"

            "Better than you'll be if you try anything on my sister," Jeremy warned. I smiled. So he did care. He added, "Oh, and how are Stephanie and Shelby this fine evening?"

            Sin sighed, "Well, I wouldn't really know. I broke up with Shelby this morning, Stephanie right after her."

"Why?" I asked, eyes wide with curiosity.

"Because," Sin stated, "They weren't really my type. Not girlfriend material, you know?"

Jeremy scoffed, "Says the guy who fucks them and then dumps them a handful at a time? Sure, I would know if I were cruel like you."

"Jeremy. Stop it." I urged him with my eyes. They were really my best feature, my way of getting what I wanted. They were sapphire, like my birthstone. Jeremy shook his head, then walked off, pushing a random freshman down as he passed them.

"Your brother is insane." Sinclaire laced his fingers through mine, like we always did.

"Yeah," I agreed, then quickly added, "But he fits right in with my insane family."

Sin laughed at this. As he did, his eyes sparkled.  "Yeah. Come on. Let's go down to the lake. There will sure be a party there." I got up with him, and hopped onto his back. He chuckled as I yelped, "Jesus Lainie, could you be anymore rough? And easy with that long hair of yours! You don't want it caught in my belt!" I giggled, and hopped off his back. Yes, my hair was very long. Down to my waist, andflowing freely. Sin used to always joke about it, saying it was the color of dark chocolate. Suppose he wasn't lying, as it was. The streaks of auburn throughout it only added to the crisp feel of it.

"Sorry Sin, but I can't get on without being rough!" I gushed, laughing alongside him as we jogged into the woods.

He smirked, "That is what she said!"

"You are nasty Sin."

"I know I am." He grabbed me by the waist and picked me up. I yelped the girlish yelp again. He laughed, "Lainie, you sure know how to brighten someone's mood! Just laugh or yelp in their faces." As he was implying that my voice was girlish and weak, to match my frame, which it was, I suddenly got self conscious. I guess one would say I liked Sin a lot more than I let on. Although, he didn't know it. I was so jealous of the girls he did choose to go out with, jealous of their curves, jealous of their unmistakable and unshakable confidence.

Sin let me down as we neared the water front. It was pretty, but there wasn't any party happening yet. Probably safest for one to happen after dark, so the owners wouldn't find out.

I allowed myself to be pulled by Sin. "Sin, do you think I am pretty?" The words just popped out of my mouth.

"Yeah," Sin started, "Pretty lame for asking me. What would I know about being pretty?"

I sighed, "You know a lot more than me. All those girls you dated, they were gorgeous. So, am I pretty?" He opened his mouth. I quickly added, "And no quick jokes. I am being serious Sinclaire." He was taken aback. Usually we never used each others real names unless we were mad or extremely serious.

He thought a moment before speaking, "Yes you are. And those girls were pretty, sure but they weren't worth my time. Not like me and you." I sat at the end of the dock with him. He slung one arm around my shoulders, and I leant up against him. "I mean, Lainie, come on. What girl has ever gotten close to me like you have? Not one of those 'gorgeous' girls have even met my mom."

"Really?" I asked, voice barely above a whisper.

He smiled at me, a genuine smile, rare for Sin. "Really, kiddo. You're the only one. Well, you and Oliver, but you are the only girl. As far as I know." I giggled at his reference. We often thought of Oliver as being girly. He was feminine, but not gay. You could definitely tell why the three of us were so close.

Just then, Sin jumped up. I got up to join him, "What is it Sin?"

His eyes glazed over, then he shook it off. "It was nothing, sweetie. You up for a swim?"

I shook my head, "Are you crazy? It's freezing out. Besides, we'll get in trouble."

He gave me that kind of smirk, that only Sin got when he was scheming, "Hey, what's life without a little trouble, right?"

"You are my cuckoo bird." It was a statement I had used often with Sin. He loved being my cuckoo bird, and often did things just to hear me say it. It made sense why he liked it, because with my high pitched voice and girly language, everything I did was adorable.

"You know it. So, a swim?" He asked again, impatient, begging me with his swimming dark gray eyes.

I sighed, giving in, "Alright. But if we get caught, it'll be your fault."

"You got it, babes." And we began stripping. It wasn't that bad, being in my bra and panties in front of Sin, because, it was just another thing we did.

I jumped into the lake, ice water rushing over me. The murky water clogged my vision, making it impossible to see. Although, I saw a shimmering shape in the water. A fish, probably, I thought. But, no, it was Sin's skin. The pale skin that was often tanned shown through the water like light. I came up for air, greeting Sin's laughter.

"You look like a fish!" I gushed. He cracked one of his genuine smiles, and splashed me. I went under, to take cover from the wetness. I was prepared for a splash fight. But, when I tried to swim up, I was stuck. I pulled a little harder. No use. Something had me by my foot, and was slowly drowning me. I called out, "Sin!", but it was of no use.

So this was how it was going to end, I thought. Every thought of everything I didn't get to do swarmed before my eyes, before everything went dark.