Bleeding Nights (6)

Chapter six

            I had no idea where I was. Or rather, where my mind and soul was going, because I was staring at my body on the floor. My physical form was convulsing as if she was having a seizure. And, then all I saw was a tunnel. It wasn't dark, but rather deep and pulsing and lively. It was a mixture of colors, and it made me think of Jeremy for some reason. Then, as quickly as I was sucked into this cocoon of swirling colors, I was deposited on the ground.

            It definitely wasn't the library anymore. The green grass was vibrant and so green it hurt my eyes to look at it directly. I glanced about, looking for someone. Anyone who could tell me where I was, because I clearly wasn't home. Then I saw Jeremy.

            Or rather, a version of him. He was not solid, but rather sort of see through, as if he was made out of straight air. He was running through a pasture, and he was smiling a smile that was so big, it would have surprised anyone who knew him.

            Seeing him, or rather, him in a version, was enough to make me sob. Big, chest heaving sobs. Only, the tears wouldn't come. I sunk to my knees with fury. Why can't I cry? I had not realized I had sent the message through the air using my thoughts, until someone appeared beside me.

            "You cannot cry in the next life." I jumped back, in shock. The black-haired guy next to me was gorgeous beyond belief. He had deep set dimples and a lovely bone structure. He was unearthly pale, and muscular without over doing it. His eyes were a deep violet.

            "What do you mean?" I asked, awed by his mesmerizing beauty.

            He sighed, leaning his head into his big hands. Then he spoke, "Let me break it down for you. You. Can't. Cry. Here."

            Boy, he sure has such good manners, I thought. He smiled and winked at me. I felt sick to my stomach. Something about this guy, about this place, didn't seem right to me. It didn't feel like death, but it sure didn't feel like life.

            I asked coldly, "What are you?"

            He smirked again, this time his smirk was all but coy. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

            "Actually, I would."

            He laughed. The sound was like hearing a beautiful melody. "Fine, as well as it may be. I'm Alex. I reside here."

            I gave him a look, "Reside here?"

            "Sort of."

            "Huh?"

            "Well, heaven's for humans." He instantly shut his mouth, as if he said something he shouldn't have. He did.

            "Well, whoever you are, as a matter of fact, I am human." I insisted, crossing my thin arms in front of me. He mumbled something I couldn't hear, and then he started bouncing up and down. It took me a moment to realize that he was laughing. "What's so funny? Care to share the joke?"

            "Oh, nothing. It's just, I have never met someone like you before. So..." He started.

            I cut him off, "Go ahead and say it. So what? Girlish, weak, stupid, elfin, ugly?"

            He raised his eyebrows at me and then began to laugh some more. Well this was great. Finally, he calmed down enough to speak. "I wasn't going to say anything along those lines. I was going to say...so cute!"